Swap and Exchange

"Björn!" He listened to her call from the bathroom of their bedroom, hoping it would reach him from where he stood in the depth of their shared closet. Soon in the near future, it wouldn't be theirs but passed on to Linda and Jens as the decision to move into the house just down the driveway was made with a lot more certainty. She had just finished fixing her hair and zipping her light blue sweater and only considering the time she had left. "Are you ready?" she asked, running into him on an abrupt stop as she walked out of the bathroom. He simply nodded as he tried to catch up to her preparedness, just to enter the same space she had exited and make sure his hair is as presentable as it was when he first had it ten minutes before.

Björn, as always, had his own agenda which was different from hers, and each day it was something other than the day before. He hadn't been to the Cirkus in nearly a week so today had to be the day he checks in on the cast and production. He had an interview planned there as well and a recording of another social media post. And for the blonde woman who was opening her vanity drawers, she grabbed the earrings she wanted, not having the time to care to place on any of her other jewelry.

"Oh. Of course, today," the lady muttered to herself. Her mind finally reminded her it wasn't just her or Björn who had important outings today. Between last night and this morning she had forgotten the detail until she remembered again. "Björn, honey, I'm in the car. Hurry, we have a lot of places to stop at." She grabbed her last items from the bed, her purse, her phone, and her sunglasses. Björn's items were picked up too when she had discovered they were beneath her purse. She knew him far too well, he would spend twenty minutes looking for it when it was all in the same place. "Don't look for your things. I grabbed your keys and wallet and your phone!" They were all tucked inside her purse as she made it down the stairs meanwhile calling for the dogs to have their attention.

"Alright, Agnetha," he called out, making his response to her heard, but she was already out of the room and into the next by then.

Now it wasn't always that they'd drive out together, but today happened to be this. Agnetha's car was dropped off to have service done early in the morning and wasn't due to be back until the afternoon. Björn assured being the one to take her would be the most convenient thing— as stubborn as she was about it. In her mind, what could she answer if anyone notices him? And in his, why have someone else drop her off when he was already headed out? There was nothing to deny or hide, he enjoyed to be the one to do it and if it were up to him what he'd spend his day with, he would be inside listening to her brand new recording until she is finished.

The man had just started the vehicle when he heard sounds that he had not expected to be between him and Agnetha in the car. Dog breaths, wet slobber, ruthless licking, and failed attempts of jumping to the front.

"What—" Björn looked behind him and then to his right, seeing Agnetha putting on her sunglasses, not minding that Björn was wordless to note the ride included the dogs as well. "You didn't mention you plan on having our dogs be a part of your sessions."

"Yeah... Didn't I tell you? One will bark, the other will growl." She winked. "Who needs backup singers when I have Bella? And Bruno..." A bark had come from the larger dog of the three. "No of course, I will never leave you out of it, Peppa."

"What are they doing?" he asked, still puzzled about the dogs.

"I completely forgot, Björn. I booked them a grooming appointment weeks ago. It's so hard to manage something with the three together, and the groomer's is always so booked. I finally found one that will accept the three. And when I said yes to Jörgen I had forgotten all about the appointment." He huffed just a little sigh and shifted the gear. "Drive, baby. We're late already."

Björn settled into her plans, as everything they had in their lives, the day was made to be shared, too. Björn drove to Lidingö, relieved that he had made it just on time for her appointment. There was a good gap of time between his and the dogs' so all had felt just a little more calmer about the pace of their morning. Agnetha's hands dug into her purse, as she realized they were nearing the studio. She pulled out what she felt of his phone, his keys, and his wallet— certain to make sure he has everything he needs.