Jealous Eyes

The town had practically awaited them that day– the afternoon was calm, the people were walking by, and the couple were found in and out of shops. Agnetha had it on her mind that since they were already in town, they'd bring back souvenirs for their grandkids, so she had been looking out for things she'd felt they'd love for her to bring back for them. There was live music occurring on one side of the street that attracted the ear and created a lovely atmosphere as people strolled from one place to another. Women and men carrying bags of purchases or groceries, children passing along on bikes or electrical scooters and the town though quiet in some areas still had life.

They'd passed along until they found a vendor upon their way selling merchandise just outside of his shop and it was natural Agnetha wanted to see what was offered there as well. Björn was behind her every step, and although his eyes were checking his phone for what emails might have come for him, he still followed without complaints. He gave her time to find what she wanted, whether she was looking for something specific or not.

Agnetha's mind was attracted by the beautiful summer hats laid perfectly before her. They came in a few colors and some had a special accent— whether it was tied by ribbon, lined with stitches, or a thin belt to hug around the base. She had found one that she liked most, a light colored one, almost similar in style to the one she wore, but she enjoyed the blue for it was something hers did not offer. She figured it would go great with her jeans. But then there was the green accent and suddenly she felt confused.

"Oh! What a decision to make," she sighed openly, and the man selling made his way towards her more from behind the table to help. "They're all so nice."

"The green is very popular," the man spoke, having an accent, as English wasn't his native language. "But with the color of your beautiful blue eyes... blue would be an excellent choice." Agnetha leaned back with a smile on her face to hear the kind elder man. She took the hat to try on and the man complimented her immensely, vocally in Catalan. He was older than she, and older than Björn as well, and he felt humble just by the look of him. Something in the man's words had Björn's head turn and raise a brow softly.

"Tell me he is not flirting with you while I am standing beside you," he told her in Swedish.

"Is he?" she asked.

"As if you don't see it," he mumbled, putting his arm around her hip.

"Are you not used to this by now?" Agnetha smirked. "You've seen it only your whole life."

"No," he grumbled. His arm pulled her closer to him just a tad bit. "Green is nice," Björn gave his input.

"Even though your favorite color is blue?" she questioned curiously.

"Green is nice. It's different. I also don't mind you in red, but you gave that a chance last night," he said with a smile and he felt her roll her eyes along with his words and put her sun glasses back up. "So maybe today calls for green."

"Green it is," she handed the hat to the man to complete the sale.

"Thank you." The tall, white haired man turned around slowly, opening the door to call for his grandson. "Felix!" It was an almost instant response that the younger gentleman stepped out of the store, bringing out with him a blessing of coolness from air conditioning to blend with hot air of the outdoors and more sounds, familiar sounds, to mesh with that of the street.

Agnetha and Björn shared a look and had only laughed to themselves to hear Gimme, Gimme, Gimme on the speakers inside the shop. Björn couldn't help that even as Agnetha begged him gently not to, he had to comment something.

"Nice music," Björn said anyway, opening a conversation with the gentleman.

"You listen to ABBA?"