Surprise Arrangements

The summerhouse was calm that evening. No one had visited lately since Björn and Agnetha mostly remained in Ekerö. They had only gone back to the summerhouse for the basic need of tending to their garden, the home, and of course, the nature of wanting peace for themselves. It was just the tick of a clock in a distance, keys being pressed from Björn's MacBook, and the sound of an airplane passing over that could be heard from the bedroom where both were preparing for bed.

Agnetha had just finished moisturizing her face when she crawled beneath the blankets. He looked at her for a moment as he thought and then back down to his screen again. She hadn't said anything about his strange exchange, and from the nightstand she took her iPad. She had opened it to put on a show she was watching and had finally had begun to relax when she hit play.

"So... Mallorca," he said.

"Mallorca," she repeated.

"I've booked it. Our flights."

"Lovely," she grinned. "And car?"

"Also booked. The boat is also waiting for us... and we're there, right on the sea. It'll be perfect. Everything you want, it's there." He leaned in and kissed her head.

"Haven't been in Calvià in a while."

"We won't be in Calvià..." he said. "We will be in Port d'Andratx," he quietly mumbled. She turned to face him with her reading glasses on.

"What?"

"We'll stay at the pad. It's everything we need... right there." He motioned with his hand in front of him.

"No, no. Calvià."

"Anna... you wanted the beach."

"I also wanted my house. And it's on a beach." She paused a moment. "Am I to spend our honeymoon in the same house you used to vacation to... with... Lena?" she complained in a sigh.

"Oh, not again. It's the same thing as the summerhouse, and look, you're here now. You don't complain about it." She knitted her brows together.

"Okay, but it's different. It's not our honeymoon and I got used to it here."

"And every day with you is a honeymoon, wherever we are. What could possibly make it different?" She turned to see him too.

"So you want me to see Lena everywhere?" She paused and waited for him to understand, which he did, easily. "If I walk outside, she'll be there ready to swim with me. I brush my teeth, I'll feel her in the shower ready to ask me what's for breakfast." He couldn't help that he laughed at her. "Björn! Don't laugh at me," she laughed. "I'm being serious with you."

"But you won't! If I won't imagine her, you surely won't. You'll even forget her name."

"Do you know who you're talking to?" she asked. "It's me and I don't forget."

"Then in that case, I will have to be sure to keep you busy so that you do not think," he smirked. Agnetha had playfully rolled her eyes and brought her attention to the iPad. "Calvià," she told him again.

Time passed smoothly and Agnetha finally had her chance to watch the show in peace... for the most part. Björn remained beside her in the depths of his own curious research. He spoke aloud his thoughts and the very few empathetic agreements from Agnetha encouraged him to go on, though she had only subconsciously listened. She sighed sometimes because she wanted to pay attention. Her show had become dramatic and emotional that she was lost in the narrative and the actors. She tuned him out. Eventually it worked for her and he quieted. Love was confessed finally and the scene grew to be intimate and her emotions were lost in it.