The Fifth of September

In the event of the fading summer night, on a day in which a number of people had come from near or what would be a little distance away for a unique occasion that one should define as a celebration of love, a man and woman who finally reunited together in marriage stood on a recently docked boat as it softly rocked with each gentle wave, speaking quietly with one another for the anticipated.

In the distance they could see lights hung and twisted above the seating area, trees hugged with lights or ones which carried lanterns, with people around the space these two call home. They could overhear soft jazzy music being played as everyone was arriving still, finding their seats, socializing together, meeting new faces and waiting for the entrance of the newly weds. The scene was perfectly the romantic summer evening with the backdrop behind the farm painted of the sea on one end, the stables on another, and a lavender sky as the sun was just faded.

The two were given microphones once they touched ground as they waited to hear that everyone was either seated, or for the most part that there were no guests to be arriving. They were a distance away, but it was like a game in the end, they found. The longer their entrance was delayed the more excitement those who have come to see them felt. Anticipation was in the air for everyone, and finally then, Agnetha had held up her microphone to begin a playful tease.

"Check..." she spoke, and it had only taken two seconds to hear a reaction cheer from the right side of the property. She was immediately recognized by her voice, and at this point the crowd realized the moment to finally see the bride and groom was nearing. "Hej å hå."

"Hej å hå," Björn followed and they heard whistles while others began to search around for them. It took a few moments until he felt that it was the right time. "Well... so here we are," he began as he walked up the steps with her. They couldn't be seen but they could be heard on the speakers and in a sense it was mysterious now that people wondered where they were to come from. "Earlier today Agnetha and I got married... in a private ceremony, right here with our children, our grandchildren...  it was something that we both feel so lucky to have been able to do once again, even after all this time. We had bond that began fifty years ago, and now it is reaffirmed for the rest of our lives. Now that we have come this far, we are so are so delighted to celebrate the rest of this special night with all of you."

"We are so glad for everyone that has come out to see us," she said, with them both hand in hand and still walking up steps from behind their home. "And we really can't wait to begin the party. We planned a small wedding at first..." she giggled.

"But as you can tell from around you," he completed, "our list kept growing."

"If you think you'll have the chance to leave early..." Agnetha chuckled. "You'll find that it'll be hard to."

"We're here to party for a while, and you'll also find that this party... will go on, and on, and on."

They'd stood on the veranda of her home and it overlooked the crowd that had stood clapping for them both upon the first sight of them. When they had made their way down, their party had finally started, music that played gave them a grand entrance and there with the rest of their guests at last, they were greeted and surrounded with happiness.

Dinner had been served within that half an hour, they hadn't wasted time to dig in because they were all either hungry or impatient for the party that was to come soon afterwards. Soft music was accompanied by chatter and speeches which were found to be endless, passing from one person to the next. Just when anyone would think that it was the last one, another person stood to toast to the couple– sharing a memory of the two along with a wish to them.

When dinner had ended Björn and Agnetha were invited to the dance floor for their first dance. The piano had began soft and rich beginning the melody to Elvis Presley's "Can't Help Falling in Love," a song which was covered by the band in a modern style and made a duet by a girl and boy of the band. And when they had begun to sway their attention was grabbed by a sudden flicker on the projector screen hung on a tree branch. They found it to be a montage created by parts of their family videos revolving around them throughout the years.