Twice Upon A Time

The elder man was lost in thought in the scene before him, watching over every detail with his attention focused until he felt a slight squeeze on his hand that had him turn his gaze towards the woman of his life. She was also watching patiently too. She had not tightened her hand intentionally to draw his attention to her for anything, but he had realized she had only subconsciously done it. There were nearly 30 people before them seated and awaiting their walk, and standing at the end of the line, he finally thought to bring her attention to him one last time before she officially would become his wife.

"Agnetha?"

"Hm?" She quickly turned to see him. He had glanced at the bouquet in her hand, admiringly, and then brought his eyes to hers.

"What are you thinking of?" he asked, feeling that she was a bit tense now. He only wanted to relax her because this was going to be a wonderful day of their lives and he wanted to go through it with ease.

"Nothing," she whispered. She had smiled to him, and she couldn't help the way her eyes watered, and they sparkled her eyes.

"Hey," he laughed. "Oh. Why the tears?" Björn asked tenderly. She shook her head and blinked them away. His thumb stroked her cheek where she rosed up and immediately Agnetha wiped just beneath her eyes, avoiding the result of sentimental thoughts.

"I'm not," she sighed. "I guess... just happy tears."

"If they're happy tears, that's okay. But if Lolo sees your make up is ruined she might yell at you," he laughed, bringing her to laugh too. He couldn't help but lean himself into her. Her scent lured him in and he loved her for everything that stood before him. She had her nose to his and he leaned in all the way to kiss her before she moved back, just by her head.

"Mm, you don't want to ruin my make up, but I have lip gloss on and you want to kiss me?"

"And I will still kiss you." He set a peck to her mouth. "Lolo can choose to yell at me. I have a good excuse. She might agree with me in the end." Agnetha bit her lip to conceal her laugh, and used her thumb to remove the shine that stuck to Björn's lips.

"I love you so much," she whispered. "I'm just thinking. Silly thoughts."

"Baby, I love you more. You have less than a minute to tell me."

"I'm thinking of our parents, Björn. How much they would've loved to ever see us together again. How they'd be if they knew we ended up here after all this time. Maybe they would have never imagined it to ever to happen again for us, and look at us, aged and doing the unimagined."

"They would have been the first to dance for us," he shared back, smilingly. She put her hand to his face and bit her lip nervously.

"Instead of our parents with us, we have our children to lead us through. I'm so happy, Björn."

"And I want your happiness to be forever. Share it with me?"

"Always."

Björn broke from her hand and held out his arm for her to take instead. They had turned to face the few crowd before them rise to watch them walk down the aisle, a path leading them down towards a large tree and and an arch of roses white and pink. One palm of hers wrapped around his elbow and another holding a bouquet of the white roses mixed with baby's breath. They had both watched the faces of their loved ones elicit excitement for them, and the moment and feeling, they knew, would be forever engraved in the hearts. It was something entirely unique to happen. Smiles were far from fading and tears were easily present from them and from those that surrounded them– their friends, their children, and their grandchildren. They greeted everyone with nods and smiles as they made it down to the end where the officiant waited patiently, firstly for them to stand before him, and then calmly as the melody Benny had played on the piano had reached its closing.