Good and Bad Decisions

"Come on, show us!" Frida called as she sat with Lolo on the gorgeous light gray sofa of Owe's studio. They had been easily occupied with their own conversations as they waited, little nothings and excitement over the small things in life. Frida held Lolo's wrist and they both spoke about her jewelry. Both women had their joy, love and eyes for fashion. For them it was only too typical to become distracted by it.

Agnetha was led forward from the dressing room, then she stood on a small round post to elevate her. By the feel of the dress, the weight of it, and the look of it, she was tremendously overjoyed. She felt from her friends' immediate reactions when they stopped speaking to each other that it was something that was spectacular. It was something that is entirely for her. Nervously looking at her friends in the reflection of the mirror, she ran her hands from her hips to the top of her thighs smoothing it in place, waiting to hear their thoughts, even though she was easily in love with it already.

The faille gown had pins in many places and for now, it's what held all the pieces together. The zipper was not there yet but the pins closed it well. The sheer Juliet style sleeves were long, loose, and beaded until the point reached her wrist, where it came together more fitted. The dress was long and hugged from the bust, slimmed at the waist, and curved at her hips. Only at the knees did the dress flare out a bit more and a short tail was behind her.

"My God. It's perfect," Frida smiled. "And it's not complete yet."

"It absolutely suits you. You did a wonderful job, Owe."

"Of course it's because I have a beautiful client."

"I love it," she breathed out finally. "I love everything about it." She turned to see the backside. It was equally tight from the bust to just below her hips. Owe had a bracelet with pins on his wrist and he fixed the sleeves to shorten them. He marked the areas to take in more now that he was sure she still had room to breathe, and he kneeled to adjust the lengths. "Does it make my butt look big, do you think?" she asked in honest thought after a while.

"No, dear. That is just your butt," Owe said.

"Well, if we want to be honest, your rear does have a habit of stealing the show," snickered Frida. She picked up her mug and laughed into it.

"On the bright side if something goes wrong during the wedding, no one will notice. They will have enough to talk about your behind and forget anything else," Lolo said. She tossed her head back and giggled with Frida. "You are still winning."

"Oh no."

"Oh, Agnetha. It's an 'oh no' now, but I am sure when Björn sees you in this dress, there will be a lot of 'oh yes'," she laughed, hardly being able to add anything else on. Agnetha sighed in laughter she tried to hold back and couldn't. She covered her mouth with the backs of her fingers as she snickered too.

"Our Anni-Frid doesn't change, does she?"

"No, she doesn't," she smiled down to Owe. "Why do you think I brought them? Emotional support. One uses logics and the other entertains me."

Owe had adjusted the dress to be more true to her size. Lolo took pictures of her, just for the memories, and they were both, excited and anxious knowing the wedding was now nearing to be around the corner. Agnetha had gone to change again, and the three friends of hers spoke of something that had only just come to their minds and made their plans while she got dressed.

"What is next down the list?" Owe asked in wonder, making conversation as a friend.

"Well we have everything organized, for the most part," Agnetha explained. "The wedding is in a little over a week. I think we have everything planned—"