Not A Soul But Two

Purely accidental was their arrival to the place they'd found themselves to be late that night. It was relatively close to where they were meant to be, and if Björn would truly admit, he was rather lost to take them home at the pad. He knew they were not so far from the port but he needed to stop and consider where to go from where they were.

Björn had noted Agnetha was already in a state. He hoped there was something there to offer for them, perhaps a place for them to stay for that night only. There surely had to be a hotel, the region is quite touristy but to his findings, this particular island was separate and isolated from the mainland. So with no surprise, they'd understood there wouldn't be much for them to see. It was small that you can cross its four sides in an hour. There was no sign of a shop, no animals except birds, no person to guide them. However what they did find in the center of the island was that little house. And a place to stay was all that was really needed, so he pushed forward to make it to see what was there for them.

"Björn, I– that's probably not a good idea." She nervously ran a hand over her face. "We are in the middle of nowhere."

"It's fine," he settled her. "No one is on the island. There's literally no one even here." He glanced to find the dog that had accompanied them lifting his leg and relieving himself on a tree. "Except for Peppa."

"Heh. That is... reassuring." She stayed quiet for a moment, but not for long. She always had something to add. "Seriously, this is how all the couples die in movies. All horror movies begin this way. Now you're making me live it."

"Just a second. Baby, I doubt there is anything here at all." Agnetha gave up. She knew her husband's stubborn mind. Maybe she didn't think it was a wise idea, but she trusted in him. If they'd get in trouble, he is smart enough to get them out of it.

She found a swing made of beautiful wood, whoever had built this surely taken their time. The house was not random, someone has to be taking care of it still. She'd pushed herself and looked up to the stars, and for her especially they shimmered like glitter in the blackness of empty space. She couldn't believe it. She was sure now she looked at Mars. She covered her mouth in awe and there was a sound from her that emerged.

"Björn!" she called for him to join. "Darling, you have to," she leaned back and laughed. "Wow. Oh, wow. You have to see this." He'd told her he needed a minute. She frowned. He'd miss it. What could truly be more important? What a shame. Mars is in front of them and he is trying to open a door instead.

She watched as Björn struggled for minutes with the same door. He'd walked around the house to find another entry. And there was, just locked or unreachable. He'd figured to try the three windows he'd seen. Neither were useful and the last window was another struggle. It was like it was unlocked or heavy to lift and open. He had nearly given up but he heard a movement behind the front door and it couldn't be a good sign. Someone must be inside that they've awoken and now he thought to himself how ridiculous and absurd to be doing what he is doing.

He grumbled words beneath his breath, jumping down off a rock, and watching the door to see it was going to open any second. And then he remembered he was not alone. There was Peppa and also his wife. He'd looked to the swing and couldn't see Agnetha anymore and so his heart fell in to panic. Where was she?

"Björn?" she called, causing him to rise from his position, hidden behind the corner of the home. She had stepped out of the house and his mouth opened in surprise that she was already in. There was nobody else. It was her, and of all the times he felt he was blessed to see that woman he so loves, at this moment he was even more grateful.

"Oh, thank God, Anna," he sighed. "How on earth did you make it in? I've tried everything!"

"Guess you didn't try the balcony."