The Gifters and the Gifted

The quiet night on the port had ended in a relaxing way, as each night had been. They couldn't lie, it must be the effects of vacationing that always has people feeling tired still early in the night. It had only been just a few days into that week, but the days already spent were already beautifully spent so far and they were still excited being there. They'd considered staying for more than a week, but understood that they had their lives to return back to and that could never be something to put off. The best thing about their lives was the fact that they could return to Mallorca whenever they choose to and for now their objective was to live the moment.

Living couldn't possibly be the case for the woman who was sure she was going to have a heart attack the moment she had caught sight of an intruder in the bathroom of the bedroom. Her voice called out immediately, for she had no intention of stepping an inch further into the bathroom until Björn had come up. That man who was occupied on the first level heard his name in a manner that he doesn't hear typically and he hurried, skipping steps to see what brought her to do it.

"Björn!" she yelled for him. "Björn, hurry!"

"What?" he said, slightly panting upon his entrance into the room.

"There is a spider. Oh God, I can't go in. I'm not going in there; it's massive!"

"You called me for a spider?" he gave her a bizarre face.

"Yes, please. I can't get it myself." She hid behind him as he rolled his eyes and slowly walked in. She pointed into the direction and he was already ready to capture it with a napkin. His hand covered against the wall and he slowly lifted the napkin to see that he captured it.

"Did you kill it?" she asked.

"No. I didn't catch it. It's go–"

"You're... tell me you are kidding. How can you let that thing get away?"

"It just crawled away!"

"What will I do now? I can't risk being in here. What if it comes back? It's the bathroom in the bedroom too!" she sighed a panic.

"Anna, it will be fine. It's just a spider. Since when are you afraid of spiders?"

"Since I saw how massive it is. Did you see its legs?!"

"I did. Far less exciting than yours," he joked. She rolled her eyes and turned around. "It isn't going to do anything. When it comes back I will kill it then. It crawled back in somewhere."

"Am I supposed to just go to bed knowing it's there waiting to find somewhere to sneak into? How can I sleep? What if it comes for us?"

"Baby, now you're beginning to exaggerate."

"The spider is huge, don't look at me like that. I read somewhere you can swallow a spider in your sleep. How gross," she shivered.

"How you pull up the strangest things, I truly don't get it..."

"It's in an article, some information," she defended. "If read it more than once, it must be true, right?"

"No... No way."

Agnetha closed her eyes as she walked back into the bedroom. She didn't forget to close the bathroom door as she was not prepared to face that monster again. She pulled back the covers and crawled into bed for their night's sleep, but it was her case that sleep did not come to her until late. Her mind made scenarios that did the opposite of relaxing and she had only been able to sleep at last when she had exhausted her eyes and mind.

Morning was already a shine when she awoke. It was a truly beautiful and calming feeling being in a bed with such peace. The sheets were a mixture of soft, warm, and cool and her comfort was at its highest. Björn was not in bed, the time had shown to be 8:15 and hardly a sound to disturb her. She reflected to herself how uncommon it was to rise without the sounds of children screaming, she was surrounded with it all her life– firstly of her kids, then of her grandkids and it was very rarely that she didn't experience this kind of morning joy.