No Doubt About It

"Hi, darling," Agnetha's voice emerged as she was wrapping an arm around her son's shoulders just outside of the airport. As the mother she was, she greeted him with a kiss like she hadn't seen him in years and relief passed along relaxing her shoulders when he tightened the hug on her. He was so excited and it made her smile when he returned a strong kiss to her cheek.

"Welcome back, Mr. and Mrs. Ulvaeus!" he greeted back loudly, and suddenly received a look from his careful mother.

"Christian," she warned. His father wore a tired smile at his son, but for a man at his age, he was charming as ever.

"Well, who knows, after today, maybe she'll decide to retract the marriage," he joked. The middle aged man looked from one parent to the other, skeptical of what was meant. He'd never thought to hear that. His mother bit back at his father quickly.

"Are you trying to make it better, Björn? I promise, it's not working."

"What? We are already fighting?" their son questioned. Björn shook his head keeping another comment to himself, for his own sake. Christian had given them both a questioning smile, curious how their trip was. "Did you have fun?"

"You should ask Peppa," Agnetha laughed to her son just as she settled into the backseat with the dog, leaving the guys to do the rest. She cuddled the pup to her who quickly melted over her lap, kissing her arms so she'd pet his belly. "You spoiled, spoiled dog," she whispered to him. "Living a million people's dream, aren't you?" she giggled. "You keep those secrets to yourself now... or I won't take you ever again." She had a grin as she bit her lip at the dog.

And that precious grin she had on her face was faded when the door of the car had opened bringing in Björn and Christian, who was just the spitting image of him. She wondered about all the rest of the children. Agnetha had only called them a few times, though by now she felt she deeply missed them and felt their absence from being at her side. One thing was for certain, she couldn't wait to be home.

The drive was quiet and subtly awkward for Christian could sense something was different. He chose not to ask again, it would come about naturally. His sister would be the one to magically work a way until she'd know anyway, and he could trust to see it happen like that.

The car pulled in towards the house and it stopped just at the doors to find that even in the windy breezes there stood some of the kids ready to greet them. Peppa was out first, shaking his fur coat and happy to be home. He tackled the first, a vibrant Signe who was at her knees with the dog's homecoming. Agnetha left the car to turn to see her son removing the suitcase and cage from the trunk.

That loved grandmother was welcomed with hugs and kisses, the typical, and the feeling of missing them reminded her how she never wanted to be away from them for that long again. A simple week was a week too long.

"Is this all you had?" Jens questioned lifting the single suitcase that was left on the ground. He had beat Christian to it, and lifted its weight through the first steps in the house. Agnetha tossed her head back in a sarcastic laugh and patted the man's arm.

"Ask the one behind me," she said and turned her head back to nod over at Björn. She looked forward once again and rolled her eyes to herself. Linda had noticed and turned to her brother, wondering of her parents' attitudes with one another. Maybe he knew.

"What happened? Did you lose one?" Linda wondered after her mother's words.

"Ah. So that's the issue?" Christian said, relieved it was nothing more.

"Just always stressed over something small," he commented to his son. "It's fine," Björn muttered as he stepped into the house. "It isn't a big deal, we will have it tomorrow."