013. HIGHWAY TO HELL

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍
𝒉𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒘𝒂𝒚 𝒕𝒐 𝒉𝒆𝒍𝒍

❛ her reassurance clouded       everyone's        judgment ❜

      everyone's        judgment ❜

                         𝐇𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐖𝐀𝐘 𝐓𝐎 𝐇𝐄𝐋𝐋, 𝕬urora pursed her glossy lips as she stood in the shadows of Valencia Boulevard

                         𝐇𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐖𝐀𝐘 𝐓𝐎 𝐇𝐄𝐋𝐋, 𝕬urora pursed her glossy lips as she stood in the shadows of Valencia Boulevard. Like the others, she was looking up at the gold letters etched in black marble: DOA RECORDING STUDIOS. Underneath, stenciled on the glass doors: NO SOLICITORS. NO LOITERING. NO LIVING.

                         It was almost midnight, but the lobby was brightly lit and full of people. Behind the security desk sat a tough-looking guard with sunglasses and an earpiece.

                         Percy turned to his friends. "Okay. You remember the plan."

                         "The plan," Grover gulped. "Yeah. I love the plan."

                         Annabeth said, "What happens if the plan doesn't work?"

                          "Don't think negative."

                         Annabeth nodded, "We're entering the Land of the Dead, and I shouldn't think negative."

                         "Thinking negative or not," Aurora sighed. "I'd feel better if we have a backup plan."

                         This made Percy turn and look at her, "Okay," he nodded. "We'll stick with my plan, then if something goes wrong we'll go with your backup plan. Better?"

                         Aurora smiled sweetly at the boy, "Much better."

                         Percy took the pearls out of his pocket, the four milky spheres the Nereid had given him in Santa Monica. They didn't seem like much of a backup in case something went wrong.