040. AURORA'S TIES

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘
𝒂𝒖𝒓𝒐𝒓𝒂'𝒔 𝒕𝒊𝒆𝒔

❛ they are the most important people in the world to me,how couldn't I think of them? ❜

people in the world to me,
how couldn't I think of them? ❜

                         𝐀𝐔𝐑𝐎𝐑𝐀'𝐒 𝐓𝐈𝐄𝐒, 𝕿his wasn't the first time Aurora felt this way—as though her body was burning from the inside out

                         𝐀𝐔𝐑𝐎𝐑𝐀'𝐒 𝐓𝐈𝐄𝐒, 𝕿his wasn't the first time Aurora felt this way—as though her body was burning from the inside out. She had her fair share of experiences with this pain due to Nate's overwhelming power leaving her practically immobilized after he used it to save her. Yet even those moments couldn't prepare her for this feeling as though her body was being ripped apart and dozens of knifes were stabbing into her already frail and shaking body. If this was what Atlas had to endure, Aurora understood his hatred for the gods.

                         The pain was so intense it made her unaware of the time that had passed. It felt like she'd been carrying the sky for an eternity. Even though it was likely only a couple of minutes, yet even then the shaking and burning of her forearms gave her the impression that her body was moments away from giving up. Her usual trick of trying to distract herself from the pain by focusing on a single bead of sweat dripping down her face was growing futile . . . She truly was moments away from crumbling.

She'd only wished she was able to locate Nate, the same man that wouldn't hesitate to protect her from the dark world around them. The last she'd seen of him was when she took the burden of carrying the sky and noticing he had no energy to him at all, she sincerely hoped he was doing alright. Even hearing his baritone voice would make her feel at ease. Something she realized she was growing accustomed to when she spent her nights on his signature cliff overlooking the massive hole. It was authoritative, something she only remembered in the voices of the gods when she had visited Olympus as a field trip. He spoke to others like they needed to listen, but spoke to her as if he wanted her to.

                         He reminded her of her father, in a weird way. Like in the way they both looked at her, like she was their entire world—or the way they protected her to shield her from the outside world so it wouldn't taint her natured good soul. Maybe it was Nate's duty to protect her, but even Aurora could tell the man cared for her like she was his own.