042. BACK IN BLACK

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐖𝐎
𝒃𝒂𝒄𝒌 𝒊𝒏 𝒃𝒍𝒂𝒄𝒌

❛ and there she was, covered inblood and dirt and still the most beautiful girl in the world ❜

blood and dirt and still the
most beautiful girl in the world ❜

❛ and there she was, covered inblood and dirt and still the most beautiful girl in the world ❜

𝐁𝐀𝐂𝐊 𝐈𝐍 𝐁𝐋𝐀𝐂𝐊, "𝕷et Artemis go," Zoe sternly demanded.

From Aurora's spot next to Luke she watched with wide eyes at the confrontation before her. She desperately wanted to reach out and rejoin her friends, but the sharp sting of Backbiter pressing against her neck was a firm reminder that she still had obstacles to face. And unfortunately for her one of them was watching a family reunion.

Atlas walked closer to the chained goddess. "Perhaps you'd like to take the sky for her, then? Be my guest."

Zoe opened her mouth to speak almost like she wanted to agree, but Artemis said, "No! Do not offer, Zoe! I forbid you."

Atlas smirked. He knelt next to Artemis and tried to touch her face, but the goddess bit at him, almost taking off his fingers.

Serves him right, jackass.

"Hoo-hoo," Atlas chuckled. "You see, daughter? Lady Artemis likes her new job. I think I will have all the Olympians take turns carrying my burden, once Lord Kronos rules again, and this is the center of our palace. It will teach those weaklings some humility."

Percy looked at Aurora once again and met her eyes. She had already been trying to make eye contact with him. She wanted to let him know that Nathaniel was still chained up, and they needed to look for him, especially after the last state she'd seen him in. He was bleeding profusely from a wound on his head and his energy wasn't good. If their captors knew him, then they wouldn't risk him getting back to full strength. That'd be their worst possible scenario, a nightmare waiting to happen if the all mighty protector managed to escape.