018. A YEAR OF WHISPERS

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍
𝒂 𝒚𝒆𝒂𝒓 𝒐𝒇 𝒘𝒉𝒊𝒔𝒑𝒆𝒓𝒔

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍𝒂 𝒚𝒆𝒂𝒓 𝒐𝒇 𝒘𝒉𝒊𝒔𝒑𝒆𝒓𝒔

❛ whispers tormented her
but they never
found her weak❜

❛ whispers tormented her but they never found her weak❜

                         𝐀 𝐘𝐄𝐀𝐑 𝐎𝐅 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐒𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐒, 𝕴t had been a year. A year since her first and last quest when she'd saved the world alongside her best friends and were deemed heroes. A year since her father's kidnapping and the slaying of a dynastic legend: Obadiah Stane. And A year since she's been introduced to the idea of having a protector and her connection with Elysium.

Within that year, everything changed in Aurora's life. Hell, she was thirteen now and the world felt a little smaller than it was when she was twelve, the change was small but, oh, so noticeable to the Daughter of Beauty.

It's begun, she remembered Nathaniel spoke. The two words a mask of mystery for the girl but that's what made them all the more intriguing. What's begun? How did it trigger? Why prodigy? Why me?

"Hey," Her father taped the wrench against the motor in front of her. "Pay attention. I spent three grand on this and I don't want it to be ruined because you're off thinking about something else," he stated sarcastically. He paused from tending the object in front of him. His sunglasses were over his eyes, but he paused and tilted his head down to peer at her over them. "There's no one special in your life right?"

Aurora furrowed her eyebrows and went back to try and stabilize the energy beam in front of her, "What?"

"Is it Annabeth? Kaiya said you girls have gotten oddly close."

Aurora blushed, "Dad, No!"

"I just want you to know that you can talk to me about . . . " he paused "things. Any kind of things."