022. OFF TO THE RACES

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐖𝐎
𝒐𝒇𝒇 𝒕𝒐 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒓𝒂𝒄𝒆𝒔

❛ why was she              feeling this way,  why was   her heartbeat thumping ❜

❛ why was she feeling this way,
why was her heartbeat thumping ❜

❛ why was she              feeling this way,  why was   her heartbeat thumping ❜

                         𝐎𝐅𝐅 𝐓𝐎 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐑𝐀𝐂𝐄𝐒, 𝕱rustrating. That would be the word Aurora Stark would use towards the loving ( hating ) world around her. It seemed as if it were taunting her every waking moment by growing the shroud of mystery that tormented her life. And it only seemed to happen when she was heading in the right direction, when the shroud felt smaller than usual.

                         But the moment a light hit it, it only worsened.

                         It didn't help that her popularity soared the minute word spread across Camp about her altercation with the Colchis Bull. It also didn't help that the new Activities Director proclaimed her a 'self-hazard' due to the previous altercation and assigned her a so called security unit which consisted of two satyrs to follow her around and see what she was up to.

                         As you can practically see, Frustrating, was the only word to describe her predicament oh so well.

                         But nonetheless, Aurora Stark was determined. And if a Stark was determined . . . The world would watch as they made their possibilities mold from thin air.

                         Yet, despite her chaotic life. She couldn't help but pity Percy— the boy who was just informed that he had a sibling: something he'd always wanted, but that said sibling was an unfortunate Cyclops with Campers bullying the young creature every waking moment.

                         The Son of Poseidon and Daughter of Aphrodite hardly had any time to talk like how they'd used to, but not one blamed the other, instead they made a mutual understanding that when they'd have the time, they'd talk like how'd they used to.