021. DANGER IS NEAR

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐎𝐍𝐄
𝒅𝒂𝒏𝒈𝒆𝒓 𝒊𝒔 𝒏𝒆𝒂𝒓

❛ they both shared the presence of doomsday,  in two entirely     different                             ways ❜

of doomsday,  in two entirely
    different                             ways ❜

❛ they both shared the presence of doomsday,  in two entirely     different                             ways ❜

                         𝐃𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐄𝐑 𝐈𝐒 𝐍𝐄𝐀𝐑, 𝕬urora Stark was no fool. Whatever happened in camp while she was with her father was drastic, you could feel the linger of danger in the air the further you made your way inside the camp. So much so, she clutched onto Annabeth who had one of her best friends arms slung over her shoulder to help her walk.

                         Every step was a wince, Every breath was a gasp of pain, and every blink felt like pressure was being applied behind her eyes. Her body corrupted with an ache she had no idea where it originated.

                         "You scared me," Annabeth spoke. Not sparing a single glance to her friend with her jaw clenched like she was scared to frown.

                         Aurora knew she was scared to frown.

                         "You dropped, Aurora! In the middle of a battle!" She tightened her grip on her best friend. Enticing another wince from the Daughter of Aphrodite. "The Colchis bull didn't touch you. Instead, something else happened."

                         Aurora frowned, "What did you see?"

                         "I—I don't know, Rory," her eyes were stormy like she was beating herself up over the lack of an answer. "But it protected you. Protected us."

                         Aurora briefly closed her eyes and sighed, "Oh no."

                         Annabeth turned to look at her. Her gray eyes analyzing her in a way she never had before, like she was a math equation desperately waiting to be solved.

                         "You're not telling me something, Why?" She quizzed.

                         Aurora tensed up at the accusation. Her mind wandered back to the familiar figure in her dreams, the individual who was always in the same spot, patiently listening to whatever the young girl was ranting about that said day.