014. THE LORD OF THE DEAD

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍
𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒍𝒐𝒓𝒅 𝒐𝒇 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒅𝒆𝒂𝒅

❛ her future laid before her     and                    the others ❜

     and                    the others ❜

                         𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐋𝐎𝐑𝐃 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐄𝐀𝐃, 𝕬urora wasn't the biggest fan of the underworld, she deemed

                         𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐋𝐎𝐑𝐃 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐄𝐀𝐃, 𝕬urora wasn't the biggest fan of the underworld, she deemed. The area was too gloomy for her tastes, the air practically smelled like death—which she wasn't surprised by, but still didn't identify it as a favorable one.

                         The longer she stayed in the Underworld, the longer she wanted to leave. The sights sent a tremor down her spine and the deeper they ventured the more horrid they turned.

                         Like currently, she felt minuscule compared to the entire otherworldly place around her— and the crowd in front of them didn't help.

                         A mass of what could be millions upon millions of souls whispered in the darkness rising the hair of her arms. They merely wandered like they had no where to go and no where to turn, and in the place they were in, Aurora wasn't surprised.

                         The Fields of Asphodel weren't a pretty sight in the Daughter of Aphrodite's mind. The black grass had been trampled by eons of dead feet, patches missing. A warm, moist wind blew like the breath of a swamp forcing Aurora's face to crinkle in disgust.. Black trees, were littered throughout the crowd. The cavern ceiling was so high above them it might've been a bank of storm clouds, except for the stalactites, which glowed faint gray and looked wickedly pointed.

                         The group of four tried to blend into the crowd, keeping an eye out for security ghouls. Aurora was the one scanning their surroundings the most out of the others. Her many runnings with the paparazzi had built her hawk-like eyes, easily able to distinguish the wrong thing.