033. THE EMBODIMENT OF PAIN

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄
𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒆𝒎𝒃𝒐𝒅𝒊𝒎𝒆𝒏𝒕 𝒐𝒇 𝒑𝒂𝒊𝒏

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒆𝒎𝒃𝒐𝒅𝒊𝒎𝒆𝒏𝒕 𝒐𝒇 𝒑𝒂𝒊𝒏

❛ hold me tight, and don't
you dare let me go ❜

                         𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐄𝐌𝐁𝐎𝐃𝐈𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐓 𝐎𝐅 𝐏𝐀𝐈𝐍, 𝕿he entire ocean-ride towards the Miami coast was nothing short of pain inducing

                         𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐄𝐌𝐁𝐎𝐃𝐈𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐓 𝐎𝐅 𝐏𝐀𝐈𝐍, 𝕿he entire ocean-ride towards the Miami coast was nothing short of pain inducing. Every rough wave and sudden jolt made a sharp stabbing pain shoot up her body in an unfathomable amount. So much so, that the moment she tried to lay her head against the hippocampi's neck for a much needed nap—a strong gust of wind sent a rather rough wave against their path causing it to crash against the creature who only whined and shook off the intrusion as if it were nothing.

                         To Aurora, it made her feel everything. The barest of movement from the hippocampi made her eyes shoot open and a sharp cry to omit from her mouth.

                         She felt arms ( she hadn't realized were securing her to the hippocampi ) slither from her waist and rummage through something before she felt something cool press to her lips.

                         "You know," The familiar voice of Percy said. "It's getting boring taking care of you all the time."

They both knew it was a lie.

                         This made her lips twitch up sensing the worry in his tone, "You're one to talk, barnacle brain," she said as she took a sip. "After every quest, it seems like I'm the one always tending your wounds."

                         He released an amused scoff, "Right," she could sense him shaking his head. "Get some sleep. The hippocampi say it's still a long way to go."

And she did, for a little anyway, while in the midst of her dreamless sleep ( which she found surprising ) she felt a sharp pain erupt from her forehead—out of confusion, she blinked the grogginess from her eyes and shielded them from bright sun. When her vision cleared, she gently reached up and massaged her now sore spot before finding the culprit—Annabeth.