030. PAIN IS THE GATEWAY FOR CHAOS

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘
𝒑𝒂𝒊𝒏 𝒊𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒈𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒘𝒂𝒚 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒐𝒔

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘𝒑𝒂𝒊𝒏 𝒊𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒈𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒘𝒂𝒚 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒐𝒔

❛ pain is riveting
      don't you agree? ❜

                        𝐏𝐀𝐈𝐍 𝐈𝐒 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐆𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐖𝐀𝐘 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐎𝐒 , 𝖂hen you thought of a Cylops island, you probably had the same idea as Aurora

                        𝐏𝐀𝐈𝐍 𝐈𝐒 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐆𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐖𝐀𝐘 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐎𝐒 , 𝖂hen you thought of a Cylops island, you probably had the same idea as Aurora. Probably a dark dingy island murky with dark mist making it ominous. Probably littered with skulls and ragged bones on the shoreline—with a cliche sign that said 'NO VISITORS ALLOWED' written in blood and a bloody handprint smeared on it.

                         Never in her wildest dreams did she think what her eyes laid on was considered a Cyclops island. It resembled the view of when her father took her to the Bahamas for her tenth birthday, with green fields and tropical fruit trees and white beaches.

                         As they sailed toward the shore, Annabeth—who followed Aurora up deck after she called her—breathed in the sweet air. "The Fleece," she said.

                         Percy nodded.

                         Aurora couldn't see the Fleece yet, but she could definitely feel its power.

                         "If we take it away, will the island die?"

                         Annabeth shook her head. "It'll fade. Go back to what it would be normally, whatever that is."

                         In the meadow at the base of the ravine, several dozen sheep were milling around. They looked peaceful enough, but they were huge—the size of hippos. Just past them was a path that led up into the hills. At the top of the path, near the edge of the canyon, was the massive oak tree Percy had claimed he'd seen in his dreams. Something gold glittered in its branches.