Reunited Part 2

Liliana's pov

After my disagreement with Jackson at the hospital, I left to go back to the lounge. I FaceTimed Catherine to see Isabella which helped brighten up my day as always. I hated being away from my baby and I always felt a bit of separation anxiety whenever she spent the night somewhere else, but I know Catherine is going to take good care of her. After hanging up I decided to order Chinese food before I started reviewing medical documents about similar surgeries since there were still some things that Jackson and I needed to figure out before we operate. Even though I was pissed at him, we are here as surgeons so we needed to communicate and work together. I called him to see when he would be home and where he was at since I obviously didn't know anything about his whereabouts.

"Lily." He sighed answering the phone.

"Hey, I laid out all of Caroline's charts and ordered food. I know that we don't exactly like each other right now, but we are operating together and we still have a lot that we need to work on."

"Yeah, no, I need to prep alone. I actually won't be home until late, so I'll just talk to you then."

"What?" I frowned. "Jackson, I'm trying to be patient, but on what planet do you think it's okay to go out without telling me where and say that you're not coming home until late. Are you with another woman?" I asked angrily.

"What? No." He scoffed.

"Then what's going on?"

"Liliana." He sighed.

"No, you need to come back home right now because if you don't you might not have a wife."

"Why are you overreacting?" He said.

"Over...overreacting. Jackson you are god knows where with god knows who and you won't tell me anything! You keep shutting me down and I'm getting fed up." I said as tears of frustration began to run down my face.

"I will see you when I get back." He said before hanging up. I don't know what's going on with Jackson, but he is not acting like the man that I married.

At this point, I just wanted to finish the surgery and leave. Once my food was delivered I had lost my appetite from anger and aggravation. I could barely even focus on preparing for the surgery. After a couple of hours, my phone began to ring and I saw that it was a call from the hospital.

"Good evening is this Dr. Garcia?" A female voice said.

"Yes." I answered.

"I tried to contact Dr. Avery concerning your upcoming surgery."

"He didn't answer his phone?" I frowned.

"No, the calls kept going to voicemail." She said making me shake my head as I ran my hands down my face.

"Well, you got me. Is there an issue at the hospital?" I sighed.

"Yes, during further examination we discovered that there's a lesion on the donor's throat."

"I'm sorry. What?!" I frowned. I knew that a lesion could ruin any chance we had at doing this surgery. Since Jackson was nowhere to be found and this needed to be discussed with the patient's parents I had to go back out into the freezing weather of Montana in the middle of the night to the hospital.

"There was a lesion on the donor's throat, which means the transplant is no longer an option. I am so sorry..." I explained to Caroline's parents.

"Don't tell us you're sorry. You talked me into this.
You said this was the solution! And now, I mean,
if there's no donor, how do you fix our daughter?!" Mary said obviously full of emotion.