Adjustments

Liliana's pov

"Shh, shh. Mommy's got you" I say as I pick Isabella up out of her crib. It was 6:00 in the morning and she was wide awake screaming her lungs out after Jackson was in the kitchen fixing breakfast before work this morning and he closed the cabinet to loud and woke her up. "Jackson, you've got to be more careful in the mornings. You know she wakes up when she hears the slightest sound." I began walking back and forth around the nursery as I cradled her trying to get her to calm down.

"I'm sorry. I forgot she was sleeping." he sighs.

"How did you forget Jackson? After she stayed up all night and was finally asleep?" I was definitely more than irritated since Jackson was sleeping during the night since he had work in the morning therefore I have been staying up with Isabella whenever she won't sleep at night. I had been up pretty much most of this morning, but I had finally gotten her asleep a little while ago and just when I thought I was finally about to get some rest too she got woken up.

"Can you calm down? It's not like I meant to wake her up." he sighs

"Calm down? Were you the one who was up with her all night and barely got 30 minutes of rest, if even that? No, because you were in bed sleeping the freaking night away!" I yell which I quickly regretted because it made Isabella start crying louder.

"It isn't like I was just asleep to sleep, I have to go to work in the mornings."

"Oh and what do you think I do all day while you're at work. Sleep and sit on the couch eating Twinkies and watching soap opera." I frown as I rub Isabella's back and continue walking around the room.

"You know that's not what I meant." he sighs.

"Can you take her so I can go take a shower. I might as well just get ready for the day because she's obviously not going back to sleep anytime soon." He came over to me and grabbed her from before I walked to our bedroom to find something to put on. I knew it would be harder to get dressed once Jackson was gone since I don't like leaving Isabella unattended. Once I found a outfit to put on I went to the bathroom and took a shower and got ready for the day. Once I finished I walked into the kitchen where Jackson was giving Isabella a bottle. I decided to start on breakfast and make a pot of coffee

"You don't have to do that." Jackson says.

"It's fine. You need to eat before you go to work. Can you just finish feeding her and burp her once she's done with her bottle for me?"

"Yeah. I've got it." I think Jackson and I are both getting used to being parents especially since things have been different around the house now that Jackson's back at work. It's definitely an adjustment trying to balance everything. Having a baby is not easy, but it's worth all the hard work that goes into being a parent. I continued cooking and by the time I finished and fixed our plates and coffee, Jackson was done feeding Isabella and he had burped her, so he held her while we ate.

"Okay, I have to go, but I'll text you later to check on you and Isabella." Jackson says handing me Isabella as he gets ready to leave for work.

"Okay." I nod. He gave Isabella a kiss on the forehead before handing her to me then giving me a kiss before he left. I took Isabella to her nursery so I could change her diaper before I got her baby carrier and put her in it and attached it to me. I always put her in the carrier whenever I need to get some cleaning done around the house since she doesn't like laying in her crib.

"Okay baby girl, lets get this house cleaned up" I say. I made the bed before I went to the laundry room and put clothes in the washer. Once I finished with that I wiped down the counters and unloaded the dishwasher. It's amazing how much faster a house gets dirty once you have a child, I mean of course you expect it to get messier once they get a little older and begin running around everywhere but I didn't really expect for there to be so much to clean with a newborn. It seemed like baby bottles always needed to be washed and baby clothes needed to always be done and it is a lot, but I think it's all just an adjustment that parents have to get used to over time. I decided to take a little break after that since Isabella was getting fussy.