Happy Again

Liliana's pov

"Do you have to go" I sigh.

"Yes sweetheart, I already rescheduled my surgeries earlier this week when I took off to set up the nursery. I can't reschedule them again" Jackson says as he sits on the side of the bed beside me. He has to go into work, but all that I want is for him to stay home with me today. I've been extra clingy throughout this whole pregnancy, but especially now that I'm on maternity leave. It's hard not being at work, because now I feel like I barely see Jackson. He leaves at 6:00 in the morning or earlier sometimes and he doesn't get back home until around 10 at night normally and by that time all he feels like doing is eating and getting some rest. I completely understood that, since when I'm working we normally start work and leave at the same time and I know how tired I am once we finally get home, but it was easier for us then since we could make time at work for lunch and to spend some time with each other through the day now it's difficult since I'm at home while he's at the hospital all day.

"You're an Avery. Your family owns the hospital. If you wanted to take off you could."

"Liliana" Jackson sighs.

"I'm sorry. I just miss you when you're not here" I pout.

"The day passes by fast I'll be back before you know it, and you know Amelia's going to come by today to hang out with you. You're not even going to have time to miss me."

"Okay" I sigh.

"I'll see you when I get back" he says giving me a kiss before standing up.

"Okay, I love you."

"I love you too" he says before leaving the room. A couple of seconds later I heard the front door closing. It was only 7 in the morning so I decided to try to get some more rest before Amelia got here. She's coming by so we can catch up later today since I haven't really gotten to see her lately since I'm on maternity leave and I've been helping Owen plan the wedding with most of my free time and she's been busy with work since she's running the department for me while I'm out, so I was definitely glad that we could spend some time together today.

After tossing and turning for a little while I eventually managed to fall back asleep. By the time I woke again it was 9. I got out of bed and went to do my morning routine before fixing myself some breakfast. After I finished eating I decided to clean up around the house even though the house is pretty much spotless since I've been cleaning it everyday that I'm home to pass time during the day while Jackson is gone. Time passed by and before I knew it I heard the doorbell rung and I knew it was Amelia.

"Hey" I smile as I open the door.

"Hey stranger. It's good to see you alive and well since you disappeared from the face of the earth" She jokes as she walks into the house.

"Don't be dramatic. I have not been off from work that long and we still talk all the time" I chuckle. "Would you like anything to eat or drink?"

"Just a bottle of water" she says as we walk into the kitchen.

"Okay." I grab two bottles of water out of the refrigerator, before walking over to Amelia and handing her one of the bottles.

"So how has pregnant life been treating you" she asks as we walk into the living room and sit down on the sofa.

"Not to bad. Of course I'm tired and uncomfortable a lot, but me and the baby are both healthy so I'm happy" I say as I sip on my bottle of water.

"Can you still have sex now that you're super pregnant" she asks making me almost choke on my water.

"Really, Amelia?"

"Yeah, it's a valid question" she shrugs making me chuckle.

"Well if you must know the answer is yes I can. I actually have it quite frequently. Jackson and I have to do it as much as possible before the baby gets here and we have to wait six weeks." I sighed at the thought.