If you love someone tell them

Jackson's pov

"Liliana, is strong she's going to be okay." My mom tried to assure me as I sat in the nursery holding the baby in my arms. Bailey was at the hospital and she called Richard and my mom as soon as she found out what was going on and they rushed over to the hospital. At times my mom could be a lot to handle, but I was glad to have her here right now.

"What if she isn't mom? I can't do this without her. I need her. Our daughter needs her."

"I know sweetie. She knows that too and I know she's going to fight just like she always does to come back to you and the baby. I know that Liliana and I haven't always seen eye to eye, but I've always admired how much of a fighter she is. She has been through a lot and ever time she's came out stronger then before and this time isn't going to be any different. You two have waited so long to have a healthy baby and I know she's going to pull through for you and this little girl." I nodded my head looking down at the baby as she slept peacefully. The only thing getting me through this situation is my little girl. She was perfect and every time I looked at her I was reminded that I needed to be strong for her.

"She has made it through a lot. Sometimes I think about it and I can't believe everything we've been through, or how many times I've been in this position. Sitting with no control and just hoping for good news." I sigh. "I'm lucky to have her and I don't ever want to live with her, I realized that after George died. When she left for D.C. I was so angry with her and I didn't think I would ever be able to forgive her, but then she came back and when I really sat down and thought about it I realized that I needed her. No matter how angry I was I still loved her and all that I could think about was what Mark told me before he died. He told me, if you love someone you tell them. Even if you're scared that its not the right thing, even if you're scared that it will cause problems, even if you're scared that it will burn your life to the ground, you say it and you say it loud and then you go from there, so that's what I did. I wasn't sure that we would be able to fix us, but I knew that I loved her with everything in me and I didn't want to give up on us." I sighed.

"And you made the right choice. She knows that you need her and that she needs you too, so she's going to come back to you." We continued to sit there waiting for news until my mom tapped me gaining my attention.

"Jackson."  She said. I looked up and saw that Bailey was walking into the room. She joined Arizona in the O.R. earlier so that she could keep me updated on how surgery went. I was just hoping for good news.

"How is Liliana." I asked standing up from my chair.

"Well she lost a lot of blood and she went into shock during the operation, but Arizona was able to stabilize her and stop the bleeding."

"So she's okay. She made it through the surgery?"

"Yes, she made it through." Bailey smiles making a huge sense of relief run through my body. "She did lose a lot of blood so she's going to continue to need blood transfusions and intravenous fluids once we bring her to recovery and we're going to have to continue to monitor her, but she made it through."

"When can I see her?"

"As soon as Arizona brings her to recovery I will come and get you." She says. "Your baby has a very strong mother." Bailey smiled.

"Yes, she does." I smile.

--

"How long will it be until she wakes up?"  I ask Arizona. She just brought Liliana to recovery and I was standing in the hallway talking to her before I go into the room.

"Normally it takes anywhere from 15 minutes to an hour, but her body has been through a lot today. She's went through labor, a c section, and internal bleeding all within 24 hours so it could take her a little bit longer then usual to wake up. When she does she's going to feel really weak and tired until we get her blood levels up. She still has anesthesia in her system so she shouldn't be in a lot of pain, but she'll have some discomfort."