Exhaustion

Liliana's pov

"Lily." Jackson tapped me waking me up out of my sleep, well him and Isabella's crying.

"How long has she been up." I rubbed my eyes groggily as I sat up glancing at the clock, seeing that it was 3:30 in the morning.

"Only for a couple of minutes. She's hungry and I don't have boobs so I'm no use to her." He said making me chuckle a little before he handed her to me.

"Hopefully she'll go back to sleep for a little while once she's full."

"Hopefully. We've got to get her on a sleeping schedule" he says

"Yeah, we definitely do. I remember thinking I was sleep deprived when I was intern, but the sleep deprivation from having a newborn beats that." I didn't expect Isabella to sleep through the night when we brought her home, but it felt like she was barely sleeping at all. I had just put her to sleep around 12:30 and she was already back up after only sleeping for 2 and a half hours and she wouldn't fall asleep unless she was being held, so must of the time I just stayed up while she was sleeping because I didn't want to wake her up by putting her down. I was definitely exhausted.

"I agree with you on that one hundred percent" he says. By the time I finished feeding her Jackson had fell asleep. I burped Isabella and changed her diaper before taking her back to her nursery and sitting in the rocking chair and gently rocking her as I tried to get her to fall back asleep. Isabella was 2 weeks old now. At first we had her sleeping in the room so we would here her as soon as she cried and we could easily take care of her when she woke up through the night, but we started having her sleep in her nursery so we wouldn't wake her up when we're walking around through the night or talking. After a little while she finally began falling asleep. I gently placed her in her crib before going back to my room and going back to sleep. It felt like I had barely gotten any rest before I was awaken by Isabella crying again. I looked over at the clock seeing that it was 7.

"Maybe she'll stop crying if we let her lay there for a couple of seconds" Jackson says.

"No, she'll just start crying louder. Our child is trying to kill us from exhaustion." I yawned sitting up.

"You want me to get her?"

"No, I'll get her and bring her to the room." I said as I got out of bed.

"I've got you princess. Stop crying." I said picking her up. As soon as I picked her up she quieted down. Whenever she was awake she would whine until someone picked her up. It was me, Jackson, and Catherine's fault because we were constantly holding her. "You didn't have to get up baby." I said seeing Jackson walk into the room.

"I know, I just wanted to make sure you're being careful. I know you're still a little sore and I don't want you to over do it."

"I'm fine, really. You can go back to sleep, there's no point in us both losing rest."

"Lily, its okay." He assured me. "Good morning princess. You don't like sleep do you." He said grabbing Isabella from me and kissing her on the cheek.

"Well since you're up, I'm going to let you watch her while I go take a shower."

"Okay." He nodded. I left them in the nursery before going to the bedroom. I picked out something to wear before doing my morning hygiene. Once I finished I went to the kitchen to start breakfast.

"Is she sleeping" I ask Jackson as he walks into the kitchen with Isabella.

"No, she's awake. Just being calm for now."

"She's so quiet at times, it almost makes me forget that she kept us up most of the night" I chuckle.

"Yeah, almost." He chuckles. "We have to start working towards baby number 3 in a couple of weeks." He jokes making me laugh.

"Your dreaming Avery. We will not be having anymore kids for awhile. Isabella is more then enough for us right now." I smirk.

"Yeah, you're right about that." He agreed. I finished cooking then Jackson and I ate breakfast before I took Isabella to the nursery to feed her. Once I fed her she began to fall asleep. I wasn't surprised that she was tired considering she had barely slept last night. I placed her in her crib before going to my bedroom and laying in bed beside Jackson.

"Isabella asleep?" Jackson asked pulling me closer so that I was laying on his chest.

"Yeah, I don't know how long she's going to stay like that but for now she is peacefully asleep."

"My mom is going to come by later, she wants to spend some time with her before she goes back to Massachusetts. Maybe we'll be able to get some rest for a little while then."

"Thank God. I never thought I would say this, but I'm actually glad that your mother has been coming over so much. She's been so helpful. I don't know what I'm going to do next week when she's out of town and you start back working."

"You know I don't mind taking some more time off to be here with you and Isabella" he says.

"Avery, like I've already told you we'll be fine. I'm her mom, I can handle keeping our baby on my own." I chuckle.

"I know you can" he smiles giving me a kiss.

"What?" I smiled as he continued staring at me.

"Nothing, sometimes I just want to look at my beautiful wife. I'm lucky to have you." Even though Jackson and I were both tired and busy with our baby, we have both been extra appreciative to have each other. Seeing your significant other as your partner in parenting makes your love for them grow even more then you ever thought it could. It brings out a different side to them.

"I'm lucky to have you too." I say giving him a kiss. He began to deepen the kiss and I could tell he was starting to get carried away.

"4 more weeks." I remind him breaking the kiss.

"4 more long weeks." He sighs dramatically.

"Stop being dramatic Avery." I laugh.

Thanks for reading, please vote and comment!