Bigger Person

Liliana's pov

"You seem very cheerful this morning" I say as Owen walks over to the front desk where I was sitting.

"I am. I closed on a house" he smiles.

"What? When?". Owen's been staying in Derek's old trailer for awhile now, so of course  I knew he would eventually want an actual home. I just didn't expect for him to make that decision out of nowhere. I mean he had never mentioned that he was planning to sell the trailer before.

"This morning. Amelia's been constantly talking about me getting a grown up house, so I did it" he chuckles.

"Wow, that's a big step." I knew that things between him and Amelia were going good since they've been back together, but I didn't know that they were going good enough for him to go out and purchase a new house. "Well congratulations, I'm very happy for you" I smile.

"Thank you" he smiles

"So is Amelia going to be moving into the house with you?"

"Not yet, she's still living with Meredith right now, but of course she'll be staying over at the house with me a lot and hopefully she'll actually move in eventually."

"Look at you two growing up and making mature relationship decisions. Before you know it there'll be wedding bells and a little Owen or Amelia running around. I can see it now" I smirk.

"Not yet. I think you and Jackson have the baby department covered" he chuckles.

"That we do" I laugh rubbing my stomach.

"Before you know it your baby will be here."

"I know. Jackson and I are both so ready" I smile before my pager goes off. "Speaking of Jackson that's him paging me now. I'll see you around" I say before walking away to the attendings lounge where Jackson paged me.

"You paged" I say as I walk into the lounge

"Yeah, I got your lunch. You need to eat before your next surgery" he says kissing me before handing me my food. Jackson has gotten more and more watchful the further I've progressed into this pregnancy and he's constantly checking to make sure I'm getting enough rest and making sure to eat.

"Thank you" I smile before we sit down at the table.

"So my mom's going to be back in town next week. Richard was saying he wanted to invite us over for dinner once she gets back" he says.

"Nope. Not happening" I say as I bite into my sandwich

"Lily."

"Jackson, I do not have time to deal with your mother and her rudeness. You know she stresses me out" I frown.

"I know that she can be difficult, but she's been working to get along with you and be less invasive ever since you talked to her. I don't think she'll cross her boundaries again" he says. It is true that Catherine has been extra nice during the occasional times I'm around her after I talked to her and made it clear I'm not going to deal with her disrespectfulness and meddling anymore. But I still would rather not be around her if I don't have to, because she just isn't one of my favorite people after the crap she continuously pulls.

"And we both know that the only reason she's been cordial to me lately is because I put her in her place the last time she was disrespectful to me, not because she really respects me and I don't care to be around anyone that doesn't genuinely respect me" I shrug. I know it may seem that I'm being a little hard on Catherine, but she literally suggested that Jackson and I would eventually get divorced and that I would be evil enough to take our child away if it happened. It still angered me so much to think she had the nerve to suggest that and even have lawyers draw up some custody agreement.