Look Who's In Town

Liliana's pov

"Hey. So, what's the fallout from last night?" Arizona asked walking up to Jackson and I as we stood at the front desk.

"So far, nothing." Jackson sighed.

"Why? Have you heard something?" I asked.

"Well, Minnick's car is here, so that means she obviously wasn't fired."

"You know what Minnick's car looks like?" Jackson smirked.

"So? That... That's not weird." Arizona stuttered nervously.

"Kind of is." I shrugged.

"Hey, did you hear about Alex?" Maggie asked walking over to us.

"No." Arizona shook her head.

"He's not in jail. There's no trial. Andrew dropped all of the charges."

"Really? Why?" Arizona asked.

"I don't know. He wouldn't say." Maggie said before changing the subject. "Hey, what happened last night? Do we have all the attendings with us?"

"Uh, well, Hunt... I'm not sure where he stands yet." Jackson said.

"Well, what about Riggs?" Maggie asked.

"Uh, Riggs, we can ask after he's done talking to your mom." Jackson said

"Whenever he's done doing what?" Maggie asked obviously confused.

"Talking to your mother."

"My what?"

"Your mom, your mother, uh, the one that raised and fed you?" Jackson said causing me to chuckle at the sarcasm in his voice.

"How could Riggs be talking to my mo... My mother is in Hawaii. What is he talk... What are
you... What is he talking about?" Maggie asked.

"No, I met her at the coffee cart this morning. She's really nice." I said taking a sip of my coffee.

"Why, why is no one making any sense?" Maggie huffed.

"Maggie, your mom is here." Jackson said glancing into the waiting room causing Maggie to turn around and see that her mom was sitting in the waiting area with Riggs.

"My mother is here," Maggie gasped walking towards the waiting room.

"That's what I've..." Jackson began to say.

"Just let it go baby." I chuckled before we walked over to the waiting room where Maggie and her mom were embracing.

"Where are your manners? Introduce me to your friends." Her mom smiled.

"Yeah Pierce, manners." Riggs smirked.

"Dr. Garcia and I are already old friends." Her mom said.

"Yes, Mrs. Pierce and I go way back to the coffee cart." I chuckled.

"Not "Mrs." Dianne." She said.

"Dianne," I smirked.

"But who is that? Is he the one you like?" She asked Maggie while glancing over at Jackson.

"No, this one over here is all mine." I corrected her making Jackson hold back a chuckle.

"Mom, really."

"Oh, I'm sorry." She apologized. "You have a very handsome husband." She said noticing the wedding ring on both of our fingers.

"Ma, okay. Everyone, thank you. You can go now. Go now." Maggie said rushing us away.