Frustrated

Liliana's POV

"Are you really mad." Jackson asked as we walked into the hospital.

"Yes Jackson. We're late because you had the car yesterday and you didn't put gas in it, so we had to stop and get gas this morning now we're behind with our whole morning and we're late." I complained. His car had a minor issue so we were sharing mine until we got it out of the shop tomorrow and obviously us sharing a car wasn't going to well.

"I forgot to stop and get it okay."

"Did you not notice that the gas light was on." I frowned.

"Liliana."

"Jackson, I really don't want to argue anymore. I need to get Isabella to daycare which she is already late for. I bet we look like the freaking parents of the year." I said sarcastically before walking away and going to daycare to drop Isabella off. I know Jackson forgetting to put gas in the car wasn't the biggest deal. I think it's just one of those days where we were both overly stressed. We've both been constantly working and Isabella was whiny last night and didn't let Jackson or I get any rest plus some education consultant named Eliza Minick is going to be at the hospital today and I have no idea what to expect with her here but I had a feeling it was not going to be a pleasant day.

"Do you know anything about this education consultant that Bailey's bringing in today." Owen asked me as I made it to the front desk in the lobby after taking Isabella to daycare.

"No. I know just as much as you guys do." I shrugged.

"Catherine hasn't told Jackson anything?"

"No, when he asked her about it she called him a Nosie Rosie then changed the subject."

"I hear she has a history of getting doctors fired from the hospitals she visits."

"No ones getting fired. We're all amazing doctors. I mean of course the hospital has some things to work on like any hospital, but we're the best at what we do." I assured him as I leaned against the counter.

"Nobody's safe."

"We're fine. We're all going to be fine." I said before my pager went off. I have to go it's time for my surgery." I said before going to my patients room to discuss the surgery with him then taking him to the O.R.

"And now I am...." I began to say as I explained the steps of the surgery to Edward's who was on my service today, but I stopped once I heard the O.R. doors open and saw a woman in scrubs walking into the O.R.

"Hey, can I help you?" I frowned.

"Hey. I'm Dr. Minnick. I'm just here to observe. You won't even notice I'm here." She smiled.

"Well as I was saying now that the brain flap has been removed I'm going to open the dura mater to expose the tumor." I said as I continued operating.

"Don't you think this would be a good place in the surgery to let Dr. Edwards take over? It's my understanding that she's resected a brain tumor before." Minnick stated making me roll my eyes. I did not need anyone in my O.R. telling me the steps I needed to take for my surgery and how to train my intern. I'm pretty good at my job.

"Yes she has, but not on a tumor this large, which is why I allowed her to perform the craniotomy and I will be finishing the surgery." I said as the scrub nurse handed me a surgical instrument.

"But don't you think the best way to prepare Dr. Edward's for tumors like this in her future is by letting her get experience with you standing here to guide her if she has questions or problems."

"I think that I've been the head of this department long enough to know how to effectively train my interns and that you are distracting me in the middle of an big operation so unless you're going to go unnoticed like you said you would, you can leave my O.R." I said before focusing back on my surgery. Eliza continued to stand there observing the surgery silently for a while before leaving my O.R. which was a relief to me. I did not have the patience to have someone telling me how to do my job. When I finished the surgery we took the patient to recovery. I went to the ttendings lounge to grab a cup of coffee since I was exhausted and irritated.