Best Man

Liliana's pov

"Okay, so I have a list of all of your guest who have RSVP'd as of now" I say as I slide the list of names over to Owen. Him and Amelia recently made the sudden decision that they want to get married which everyone was surprised about. I mean it was obvious that they were making steps towards getting married, but neither one of them had hinted at proposing any time soon so it still felt like it came out of nowhere. Amelia is the one that proposed to Owen which I think is the most surprising part, but I supported the fact that she knows what she wants with Owen and went after it. Since Owen and I have been really close these last couple of months, it was only right that I get to be best man. I enjoyed getting to help him plan the wedding because it gave me an excuse to do something instead of being stuck inside of the house all day. He's been coming over to my house so we can make phone calls and schedule things for the wedding, but today he wanted for me to come over to his house instead before we leave to go run some errands for the wedding. "And I called your mom and checked to make sure she has her flight and hotel booked for the stay."

"Thank you. You are a life saver. I wouldn't be able to plan all of this stuff for the wedding in such a short time without you" he sighs.

"No problem. I'm glad you chose me to help you with your wedding, especially because it gives me something to do now that I'm on maternity leave."

"How are you enjoying that" he asks.

"I definitely miss work and I've been bored out of my mind. At first I thought I could keep busy by finishing up all of the stuff that needed to get done before the baby gets here, but I pretty much finished all of that my first couple of days off. The only thing I need to get done now is the nursery" I say.

"Which you should probably start working on soon" he chuckles.

"Believe me I know. It just takes so much work. I have to buy all of the stuff for the nursery then I have to set it all up. Just thinking about all of that exhausts me. I mean just walking from the house to the car makes me tired nowadays." I'm at 35 weeks pregnant and I'm completely over it and ready to have my baby at this point. I'm always so tired and uncomfortable, and I have to pee constantly which is really annoying, but that's just the joys of pregnancy.

"Maybe you should let Jackson take care of the nursery. It is a lot of work with you being so far along. You're supposed to be resting."

"I know, it's just that once you actually walk into the baby store and you're surrounded by so much baby stuff it can be overwhelming and Jackson's already nervous that the baby's almost here. I don't want to make him more nervous" I say.

"Jackson, might surprise you. I'm sure he can handle it" he says.

"I know. He has been really helpful with preparing for the baby. He's been so hands on."

"I can tell he's going to be an good father. You're both going to be amazing parents."

"Thank you" I smile. I'm really nervous for this baby, I mean it's a huge responsibility. I'm going to be responsible for a little life, but I already love my baby so much and I know I'm going to do everything in my power to give the baby the life it deserves. "Okay, we have a couple of things to get done today so we need to get going, but first I really have to pee so I'll be right back" I say before speed walking from the kitchen table to the bathroom making Owen chuckle. I went to the bathroom before washing my hands then meeting Owen in the living room.

"Okay, we're good to go now" I smile grabbing my purse before walking to his car. Our first stop was for Owen to get one last tuxedo fitting before the wedding which didn't take a super long time and once we finished we left to pick up the marriage license, then we met with the caterers to confirm the menu, then lastly we met with the manager of the wedding venue to confirm the booking for the wedding day.