His secret

Liliana's pov

"Four crews of firefighters were trapped battling wildfires east of town. We have at least 40 injuries en route. I said we would take all of them" Bailey says. All of the doctors are gathered in the lobby as she tells us about a fire that just took place and that was about to bring in a lot of patients

"40? We're gonna hit capacity and..." Jackson begins to say before Bailey interrupts

"We will take all of them. We're looking at second, third, and fourth degree burns. Smoke inhalation and smoke traumas. All non-critical are being transferred to Seattle Pres and Tacoma. This entire hospital is now a burn treatment center. Plastics will be available for consults, but they will be in high demand and cannot be everywhere. If you need them page them and you will be assisted when it is possible. Residents, stay with your assigned attendings unless needed in the burn unit or in the pit. Uh, everyone who is on call has been called in. This is an all hands on deck situation" Bailey says. She continues to give us directions before dismissing us to prepare for the patients. We all went to get dressed in our trauma gowns as patients began arriving.

"People, if you are not on your speciality, you are on burn. Consider yourselves burns and plastics specialists for the day. We treat, debride, admit. If you have any questions at all, you come find me" Jackson instructs before we all start tending to patients. There were patients who had suffered head injuries from the fall so I began tending to them. Some of them were surgical, so I begin directing the other neurosurgeons to the patients I wanted them to tend to before taking my patient to surgery. I was more then glad to be in a O.R. rather then the E.R. I hate dealing with burn patients. Burns are one of the most difficult and painful injuries to tend to and no matter how long I've been in the medical field, it never gets easier to treat burn patients. I finished my first surgery successful before immediately going to tend to another patient. I switched O.R.'s and began getting scrubbed in with Cross and Edwards who were both on my service today.

"I've set the mayfield, so we just need to drain the clot and bring him to the burn unit" I say

"Maybe it was like a classified mission gone bad" Edwards says

"Edwards, what are you talking about" I frown

"Hunt and Riggs. Maybe that's why he won't talk about it. Maybe it was like a secret mission and one of them double crossed the other" Edwards says

"It's really none of our business" I say

"Well everyone is talking about it" Edwards says

"Well we're not just everyone now are we? Go finish getting the patient prepped" I instruct before her and Cross go into the O.R. and I join them a couple of seconds later. Owen hasn't told me exactly why he hates Riggs, but I know Owen and I know it has to be for good reason. I was of course curious of their history, but I was not going to stand around with interns and gossip about his situation. Owen will tell everyone when he gets ready.
I'm always extremely careful when I operate, but especially right now because I'm operating on the boyfriend of Owen's mother. He's a firefighter and he was injured today during the fire. The surgery is luckily a simple one and I complete it successfully before taking him up to recovery and going to notify Owen's mother about the surgery.

"John's surgery went well. We expect a full recovery. He's not awake yet, but you can see him" I say as we walk down the hallway, but we come to a stop when she sees Riggs. He notices her standing there and they both stand there staring at each other in silence for a moment.