Heroics

Liliana's pov

"Are you excited to spend time with grandma today?" I smiled as I got Isabella dressed. Catherine wants to spend the day with her, so she's picking her up this morning before Jackson goes to work. It's been a couple of days since Jackson and I had our argument and nothing has been solved. At this point, we were doing what we did best whenever we argued. Avoiding the topic altogether.

"I've got her bags all packed." Jackson said entering the nursery and sitting her bag on the table.

"Are you sure that everything's in there?" I asked.

"Yes." He sighed. I picked Isabella up before walking over to the table to double-check her bag.

"I know how to pack a diaper back?" He scoffed.

"I didn't say you didn't. I just want to make sure that she has everything that she needs." I huffed. "What time is your mom picking her up?"

"In about 30 minutes." He said.

"Okay. I'm about to go."

"You're not going to stay and say hey?"

"Jackson, I need to work." I sighed. "Mommy's going to see you later baby. I love you." I said kissing Isabella on the forehead before handing her to Jackson and leaving the room. I grabbed my things before leaving to go to the hospital.

I knew that I didn't need to get to work early, but I just needed to get out of the house. Between being up with Isabella last night and arguing with Jackson I felt like I was barely functioning. My emotions were always all over the place. I felt guilty when I was away from Isabella, but sometimes I felt so overwhelmed while taking care of her. Driving around just helped me clear my mind and gave me a little me time.

- -

"What do you mean you're there? Where?" I asked on the phone with Alex as I walked through the hospital. He was god knows where searching for Jo's abusive ex and I was just hoping that he wouldn't get himself into trouble again.

"I hired a guy. He gave me his name and where he works. Turned out he was scheduled to do a minimally invasive conference here in L.A."

"L.A." I frowned. "So you're at this conference and Jo's husband is there too?"

"Yeah. I'm looking right at him." He said.

"Alex! Do not get yourself in trouble. What is your plan?" I asked.

"I don't know if I'm gonna do anything." He sighed.

"Just come home." I sighed.

"I can't yet. I gotta go." He said before hanging up.

"Great." I huffed. I grabbed myself some coffee hoping that it would give me some energy before going to complete a consult. Once I finished I was paged to the E.R. for a baby whose parents brought her in because she was choking. She seemed fine now but we still wanted to do a neurological check.

"She's breathing fine. I think you can start to feed her." Arizona said as she held the baby.

"Yeah, what about her brain?" The dad asked. "The other doctor said the oxygen, uh..." He began to say before Meredith walked over us with a little girl who looked to be about 7 years old.

"I think I found something of yours." Meredith said.

"Oh my God." The mom gasped.

"Oh my gosh, where have you been?" The dad asked the little girl.

"Please keep a close eye on her. It's very busy here today." Meredith said.

"Yeah, I got it." The dad nodded.