Mom's Back

I'm sorry for going so long without updating. I'm a full-time college student, I work, and I intern so I get super busy sometimes and don't really have time for anything else 😭.

Liliana's pov

"Look at you eating all of your food. You're such a big girl." I smiled as I fed Isabella oatmeal. Now that she's starting to eat soft food, I've been constantly introducing different foods to her. I've discovered that she's very picky so it's been hard trying to find something that she'll actually eat and not just make a mess with. She opened her mouth signaling that she wanted more, so I continued feeding her.

"Good morning." Jackson said entering the kitchen.

"Morning." I said not looking away from Isabella.

"How's daddy's girl?" He smiled kissing Isabella on the forehead before he walked over the counter to pour some coffee. Since we made it back home things have still been kind of tense between Jackson and I. We really don't talk to each other much unless it's about work or Isabella. I was still upset about the way he acted during the trip and I couldn't sit around and act like it was okay. Disrespect isn't something that I take lightly especially coming from my husband.

"Maggie's mom flew in this morning. We have an appointment when I get into work." He said breaking the silence before taking a sip of his coffee.

"Mer mentioned that she was flying in. I hope her appointment goes well." I said honestly.

"Me too. The last thing I want is to give her more bad news." He sighed leaning against the counter.

"I know." I nodded. After that we went back to silence. I finished feeding Isabella before leaving for work.

- -
"So then he says to me that when I figure it out, I should give him a call." Meredith says as we sit in the attending's lounge and she catches me and Alex up on her and Riggs.

"He's arrogant." I chuckle.

"An arrogant ass." Meredith chuckles. "But the sex is good."

"I don't like the guy. You know my opinion on him." Alex shrugged.

"But do you like him?" I asked Mer taking a sip of my water.

"No. I don't know." She shrugged.

"Mer, you're hot. You're an amazing doctor, an amazing mother. You deserve a good relationship and amazing sex. If you like Riggs, which I think you do, go for it." I said.The idea of Mer being with someone other than Derek is still weird to me and it's not something that I'll ever get used to, but the reality is that Derek is dead and it wouldn't be fair for Mer to never find love again. She still has a life to live.

"I can't believe your husband is giving my mom a boob job." Maggie scoffed entering the lounge. "All she's been talking about this morning are her freaking boobs." Maggie still isn't aware that her mom was sick, so she was under the impression that her mom is here for plastic surgery.

"Maggie, your mom is an adult. She knows what she's doing." I shrugged.

"But her boobs are perfect. Amazing. When you see her tell her that."

"Yeah, we're not saying that to your mother." Alex says making me chuckle before my pager goes off.

"I have to go." I said standing up and walking away. I put on my trauma gown before rushing out to the ambulance bay.

"So Amelia's back." Owen said as we waited for the ambulance.

"Yeah, I've seen her." I nodded.

"It's nice you know? That she's back working."