The Unknown

Liliana's pov

"You still haven't heard anything about Alex?" I asked Meredith using my shoulder to hold my cellphone to my ear as I got Isabella dressed for daycare. Alex had court this morning and everyone was anxiously waiting on news about the courts decision.

"I checked his case file online and it said postponed indefinitely. That means he took a plea I mean that's the only reason they would cancel his hearing."

"Not necessarily. We can't believe the worst unless we know for sure what happened today and we won't know that until we talk to Alex or the courts update their site." I said trying to give us both hope even though we barely had any at this point. Alex did almost kill Deluca, there was no denying that so I don't know how he would possibly avoid any jail time. "Okay. Okay." I said as Isabella, began to whine. Wanting all of my attention as always. "I'm going to finish getting Isabella ready. I'll see you at work."

"Okay." She said before we hung up. "You just always don't want my focus on anyone, but you?" I chuckled as Isabella laid on my chest gripping my shirt. She's at a stage now where she grips anything insight. I was just thankful it was my shirt and not my hair this time. I carried her with me to my bedroom.

"There goes my two favorite girls." Jackson smiled putting on his shirt.

"Avery, how did I get myself and the baby ready already and you're just finishing?" I asked Jackson.

"I honestly don't know. You somehow manage to beat me getting ready every morning." He said making me chuckle. "You heard any news about Alex?"

"The only thing I know is that his case report says it's been postponed indefinitely." I said sitting down in bed with Isabella in my lap.

"So he a took a plea?" He frowned.

"We don't know that." I shook my head. Jackson sighed dropping the situation as he finished putting on his shoes.

"When I get to work I think some of us should get together and speak to Richard about how we're going to get rid of Minnick. We can't just let her come in and take Richards spot." He said.

"I agree. We definitely have to do something to stop this. I mean most of the surgeons at the hospital wouldn't be who we are today if it wasn't for Richard." I agreed.

"I can't believe that Bailey and my mom would think that this is okay." He shook his head.

"I know. They're the last people I would expect to do this to him." There is so much change that is out of our control going on and I wasn't really sure we had any control over this either, but we were definitely going to try to do something about it. I went to grab the rest of Isabella's things before we left for work. We dropped her off to daycare before going to the locker room to change into our scrubs and then going to an on call room and paging Arizona, April, and Richard so that we could discuss this whole situation.

"Hey, this doesn't make any sense. Does this make sense to you?" Jackson asked as we listened to Richard.

"No, a couple of days ago you were ready to declare war on Minnick, now you just want to call a truce." I frowned.

"Okay." Richard began to try to explain himself before he was interrupted by a knock on the door.

"Occupied. Come back later." I huffed.

"It's me." We heard Maggie say so Arizona opened the door letting her in before closing the door back.

"Richard doesn't want to fight." Jackson sighed.

"What? Why?" Maggie frowned.

"That is not what I said at all." Richard shook his head.

"You know what I'm just going to call a board meeting or loop in the foundation. We'll just go over her head. I'll get her fired." Jackson suggested.