A Day Back

Liliana's pov

"Come on Isabella. Don't you want to take a little nap" I say looking at Isabella as I try to rock her to sleep, but she just continued to look up at me wide awake. I had just gotten through feeding her and I was trying to put her down for a nap, but she had actually slept kind of good last night so now she wasn't tired at all. She was now 8 weeks old and Jackson and I were still getting used to being parents, but we were appreciative of every moment of it, well besides the sleep deprivation. I still have a month of maternity leave and even though I'm ready to get back to work I'm enjoying the time at home that I get to spend with my baby.

"You know what? How about we go for a little ride, do you want to get out of the house and go see daddy?" I love being at home with her, but I needed some adult interaction and to at least walk around the E.R. I feel like I haven't worked in so long. I placed Isabella in her crib before grabbing my phone and going to Apple Music and turning on white noise. I found the sound to be annoying, but it seemed to keep her calm and distracted long enough for me to get dressed at times. I set my phone on the dresser before leaving the room. I took a shower before I quickly got ready and returned to her nursery. I looked through her dresser drawer and picked her out something to wear before picking her up out of her crib and laying her on her changing table. I changed her diaper before getting her dressed in her outfit.

"Okay, mommy's all done" I smiled picking her up once I finished. I turned off her room light before grabbing her diaper bag and leaving to go to the car.

"Aww, I know. I know mommy's sorry." I cooed as I placed Isabella in her car seat. She absolutely hated being put in her car seat, she began to throw a fit as soon as Jackson or I would put her in there. I think it's because we hold her so much she hates being put down now. Most of the time I could calm her down when I sat in the back of the car and played with her while Jackson drove, but whenever there was no one in the back with her she would cry the whole drive. Once I got her buckled in I left to go to the hospital which was thankfully close to the house.

"Okay, sweetie you can calm down now. We're here" I say as I began unbuckling her from her car seat. I grabbed a tissue out of her bag to wipe her nose before taking her out of the car. I grabbed her bag before closing and locking the door then walking into the hospital.

"Hey, what are you doing here" I hear what sounds like Jackson say making me turn around and I see that he's walking over to me.

"Well Arizona says a lot of movement is going to help me continue to recover well so I thought I should get out and walk around today."

"You can walk around the neighborhood, you know. We live in a really nice neighborhood."

"I know, but I figured you'd want to see the Isabella."

"You know what? That's really sweet of you. I did just see her like an hour ago..."

"I know, but look at this one. You can't get enough of this little face." I smile.

"No, you can't" Jackson chuckles.

"So I'm just going to go down to the E.R. for a couple of minutes and see what's going on. I heard there's a big MVC" I say.

"Really" Jackson says.

"What?" I frown.

"Your going to take her down to the E.R.? A new born. With all of the blood, germs, and dying people?"

"Right. Not a good idea."

"Right. I'll walk you out." He says.

"No, that's why you're going to watch her while you're out of surgery. Who wants to see Daddy" I smiled handing him Isabella before he could argue