Neglect

Liliana's pov

"Are you okay?" I chuckled as Jackson stretched while walking into the bedroom where I sat on the bed with Isabella getting her ready for daycare while she watched Moana.

"No, sleeping on that couch is murdering my back." He said sitting down in bed beside us.

"You could've slept in our bed." I shrugged.

"Well somebody was already in my spot." He smirked glancing over at Isabella.

"Sorry." I chuckled.

"We have to get her back sleeping in her nursery." He says.

"I know, but you remember how much she cried last time we tried."

"Baby, she'll be fine. We just have to get her used to it again."

"Okay, we can give it another try tonight." I agreed.

"Thank you." He sighed picking Isabella up as I finished getting her dressed. "Maggie's supposed to come back to work today."

"Yeah, Mer told me. It's good that she's trying to get back to her normal routine, isn't it?" I asked.

"Yeah, I'm just worried that she's jumping back into things too fast. It's only been a month." He sighed obviously concerned for her.

"Sometimes jumping back into things is what someone needs." I said. Maggie lost her mother. You never fully heal from that, but the reality is that life doesn't stop when you lose someone. At some point, you have to pick yourself up and start back living despite the pain that's still there and that's what Maggie is trying to do.

"Maybe you're right." He sighed.

"I am. Believe me, at some point she'll be okay. You just have to give her time."

- -

As soon as we got to work I was scheduled for surgery so I changed into scrubs before scrubbing in to operate. It was a long surgery so by the time that I finished and took my patient to recovery it was already time for lunch. I went and grabbed something to eat before going to the CT scan room where Meredith, Jackson, and Owen were at looking at scans.

"What are you doing? You can't cut." Jackson said as I moved in front of him to get a better look at the scans. Owen's friends who are expecting their first child are in town today. Unfortunately the baby has a heart tumor and needs intrauterine surgery.

"I'm your wife. I can do what I want." I shrugged making him chuckle as he sat down on the couch.

"Seriously, though you guys should not try to tell Pierce when and where she can operate." Jackson said.

"I know, but these are my friends and it's their first baby."

"Maggie can do it. I mean, she's buried her grief in one place. She goes and visits it, brings it flowers, and then she goes about her business. It's healthy." Meredith huffed. "Owen do you hear yourself?"

"Yeah, I know, but it's risky for Maggie too." Owen sighed. "I mean, what if something goes wrong with this high-risk fetal surgery? She just lost her mother. She doesn't need this too."

"It wouldn't hurt to check-in." Jackson agreed.

"Maggie will be fine. She's working through it." I sighed.

"I have operated through a miscarriage. Lily did a pericardiocentesis on Mark while we were stranded in the woods after a plane crash."

"True." I nodded.

"That not normal." Jackson frowned as he, Owen, and Amelia glanced at us making us shrug.

"Okay, so maybe Amelia and I will check in." Mer said and I nodded my head in agreement. I finished eating before leaving the room to work on paperwork before scrubbing in to perform a minor surgery by the time I finished it was time for Maggie's surgery. I went to the gallery where a couple of doctors had gathered to watch.