Good Intentions

Liliana's POV

"Have you seen my blue tie?" Jackson asked as he searched through his things. He was still getting his stuff moved back in so all of his belongings were all over the place.

Which blue tie Jackson? You have a million. Navy blue? Baby blue?" I sighed as I walked in circles rubbing Isabella's back as she whined. She's going on her second day of having a stomach virus and she has been up most of the night whining and was still really fussy. I handled Isabella by myself most of the morning because Jackson is going to be in negotiation all day.

On top of the legal mess the hospital is already in because of Harper Avery, we're also being sued by our former intern, Dr. Roy for wrongful termination.

"Navy blue." He sighed.

"Check the back right corner of the top drawer." I said before he walked over to the dresser and searched through the drawer.

"Found it. You're a lifesaver." He said.

"I know." I smirked making him chuckle. "My poor baby." I sighed looking down at Isabella.

"Has she kept anything down?"

"Not really, most of her food has ended up in my hair, but I fed her like an hour ago and she hasn't thrown up so far." I sighed.

"I wish I could stay here and help you with her today. I feel bad." He said walking over to us.

"I know, but you can't help that you have court and it's not exactly something you can just reschedule. We need to get this all handled as quickly as possible, so we can move on with our lives."

"I know, but still." He sighed.

"It's fine Jackson. I'm a surgeon, I can handle a sick baby. Isn't that right Bella?" I said looking down at her as she rested her head on my chest.

"Well, I'm going to make it back home as soon as possible." He said kissing me before kissing Isabella on the forehead.

Once Jackson left I tried my best to start cleaning even though it was hard with Isabella attached to me. The house was a wreck. Between moving Jackson's stuff in and not really being able to clean because of taking care of Isabella, my house was unrecognizable and I couldn't function like this.I felt my phone vibrating and looked down to see Amelia calling.

"Hello." I answered plopping down on the couch and adjusting Isabella as she laid her head on my chest.

"Are you okay? You sound stressed." She said noticing the tone of my voice.

"Yeah, it's just a lot going on with moving Jackson back in, all the litigation, and Isabella has a stomach virus." I huffed.

"Wow, and all of a sudden I feel bad for complaining about my problems." She chuckled.

"No, it's fine." I shook my head. "What's going on with you, you sound stressed yourself?"

"I think I'm in over my head."

"Why?" I frowned confused at what she was talking about.

"For taking in Betty?" She sighed. Owen recently became a foster parent to a baby boy named Leo, while taking in Leo, he and Amelia met Leo's biological mom Betty. She's only a teenager who's been struggling with addiction which led to her decision to place Leo in foster care. After meeting her, Amelia decided to take her in and be her sponsor.

"You're not in over your head. You wouldn't have taken her in if you weren't sure that you could do this."

"I know, it's just that today has been tough. I'm trying to help her through withdrawal and it's a process."