Leave It Behind

Liliana's POV

It was the next morning following the fire and the hospital was still dealing with the effects of last night. All of us were exhausted, but we still had a full day ahead of us.

"First I want to thank you all for keeping your head during the events last night," Bailey said standing at the staircase. "Thanks to you, there were very minimal injuries, and the firefighters were able to contain the blaze quickly. There was some damage, however, that will need to be repaired. Uh, the neuro ICU, the cath lab, and pulmonary clinic." She continued to talk, but I was so tired I began to zone out.

I was standing by Jackson and though Maggie was across the room I could see her nervously glancing our way. I just ignored her. Maybe I was a little harsh last night, but I was just so fed up that I couldn't handle it. I glanced up and saw Owen and Amelia arriving. Apparently yesterday Owen found out that his sister was alive. She was being kept hostage in Iraq all these years but now she was found and rescued. I was so happy for Owen, but I couldn't help but wonder how this would affect Riggs and Meredith considering that Owen's sister was Riggs's fiancé before she was presumed dead.

"To recap, we are to avoid ORs 3 through 6 and the entire neuro wing, as they are unstable," Bailey said as pieces of the ceiling collapsed falling to the ground startling everyone.

"And also avoid fourth-floor nurses station until further notice," Bailey added before releasing us. I had a migraine so I went to take an Advil before leaving to tend to patients.

"DeLuca, what do you got?" I asked him walking over to him in the E.R. as he tended to a teenage boy who laid in the hospital bed with his dad beside him.

"Beau Martinez, 14 years old. Presents with intense jaw pain and recurrent left-sided headaches."

"Beau, can you follow my finger?" I asked the boy moving my finger from side to side as his eyes followed.

"Good." I nodded. "When did the pain start?"

"A few months ago." His dad answered before handing me a folder containing scans. "They took these X-rays last month. They saw nothing. They gave him pain pills that don't work, and now they won't give him anymore 'cause... They treat him like he's a drug addict or something. That's not my kid. He can't even play baseball anymore." He said as I looked over the scans.

"He says it's a stabbing pain in the jaw and mastoid area. Thought maybe we should get a head, cervical, maxillofacial CT." Deluca said.

"Agreed." I nodded. "Beau, I've got you. I know this pain is real, and I am not gonna rest until we find out what it is and how to fix it. You have my word. You both do." I assured him. I got him settled in a room before taking him for tests. After I finished I went to the lounge while I awaited the results.

"Hey," Meredith said walking into the lounge.

"Hey," I said. "How's everything going with Megan's case?" I asked. Mer somehow ended taking over as Megan's doctor which I thought would be awkward because of their connection to Riggs but there was no denying that Meredith is the best doctor to help her.

"It's going to take a couple of operations to get her back healthy, but I can do it and Megan's completely open to it." She said.

"It isn't awkward working on her with everything going on with Riggs?"

"No." She shook her head. "I'm happy for him as weird as it sounds. I would do anything to get a call saying that Derek was still alive." She said.

"Yeah. Me too." I nodded. "So I talked to Bailey and apparently Minnick is gone for good," I said.

"Yeah, finally and all it took was a hospital explosion." She said causing us both to chuckle.