Wedding Bells

Sorry for not updating last week, I've just been really busy. I always try to update on Thursdays but sometimes I have a lot going on and may not be able to update like I normally do, but thanks for your patience!

Liliana's pov

"Liliana, I'm serious. I don't want you overworking yourself today. You should be at home resting anyways." Jackson said sternly as he sat on the bed while I got dressed.

Today is Owen and Amelia's wedding day. As Owen's best man for the day I was helping Maggie and Meredith make sure that everything ran smoothly. Jackson was being protective as usual and trying to make sure I didn't overwork myself since I am 36 weeks pregnant. If it was up to him I would be at home resting all day with my feet propped up, but I still have a month until my due date so there was no way that I would sit at home and miss such an important day.

"Jackson, I'm not going to overwork myself. The baby and I will be fine" I assured him. Of course I had the usual pregnancy aches since I'm so far into my pregnancy, but overall I was doing well and everything was going smoothly.

"Okay, but I'm going to text you throughout the day to keep a check on you until I make it to the wedding." He said standing up and walking over to me. Jackson checked on me almost 24/7 now and though it could be annoying, it was sweet. I knew he just wanted to make sure that his wife and baby were okay at all times.

"Yes sir." I smiled as he kisses me. We went downstairs to eat breakfast before I left to go over to Meredith's where I had to grab a few things for the wedding and make some phone calls.

"Okay I just talked to Owen, where's Amelia?" I asked walking down the hallway where Maggie was waiting outside of Amelia's room.

"She's in there." Maggie says pointing to the bedroom where Amelia paced around, occupied by a phone call. Maggie always looked tense to me, but the look on her face showed worry and I could tell that something was wrong.

"What's wrong?" I sighed.

"Amelia's mom. No one in the family is coming to the wedding." She shook her head.

"What" I sighed. I was surprised to hear that her family wasn't coming to the wedding. I mean yes, her and Owen have been on and off, but family is still supposed to be there to support you. Especially on your wedding day. I know if Derek was here he wouldn't miss today for anything in the world. I have only met Derek's family a few time over the years. His sisters could be a little bitchy, but I had never taken them as the type to leave their family hanging. The thought of someone having family that was alive, but refused to show up to their wedding was heartbreaking.

"I'm alone. If you don't come it is just me. Mom. Mommy, please, I am getting married" I could here Amelia cry as she talked to her mom. "Fine. Yeah, no. Um...okay. I understand. Yeah, it's so good to know that all of the best people in this family are dead." Amelia saidbefore hanging up the phone as she began sobbing.

"Amelia, hey." Maggie said walking towards Amelia's room to comfort her, but Amelia quickly closed the door in her face not wanting to talk to anyone right now.

"And they say that rain is supposed to be good luck." I sighed  looking towards the window where the rain was pouring down from the storm that had developed outside. A short while later Meredith arrived and we explained to her what was going on.

"I'll be back in a minute." I said walking into the living room while her and Maggie sat on the floor outside of Amelia's room trying to convince her to come out since she had locked herself inside. We were having no luck convincing her to come out so far, so I figured the best thing for me to do was to call Owen and tell him what's going on. He's probably the only person who can make Amelia feel better right now. I know that whenever I'm in bad situations talking to Jackson always makes me feel better. As soon as I called Owen he told me he would come over immediately, so I continued to sit in the living room waiting for his arrival. I was exhausted and I didn't feel like budging. I've been getting Braxton Hicks contractions on and off all morning and they were a little painful, so I just wanted to rest.