Misunderstanding

Liliana's pov

"Hey." Meredith smiled cheerfully walking over to the front desk where I stood looking over my patient charts.

"Hey, someone's in a good mood. I assume things are going well with you and Riggs ." I chuckled. Riggs and Meredith are officially dating and I could tell that she was happy and I'm happy for her. She deserves joy and I would support her in every way possible.

"Yeah, things are going good. I'm actually thinking about letting him meet the kids." She said.

"Wow, sounds like you two are getting serious," I said.

"I think we are." She nodded. "But enough about me. I have something for you." She smirked.

"What is it?" I asked curiously.

"A tumor." She said excitedly.

"A tumor." I repeated.

"The tumor. The drawing of the tumor that Derek drew on the wall. I want you to have it."

"You want to give me Derek's infamous tumor?" I asked.

"Yeah, I thought about giving it to Amelia, but I remember you operating on that tumor with Derek. I know it was a special moment and if anyone deserves that drawing it's you." She explained.

"Well, yeah. I would love to have it. Thank you." I smiled. I'm always appreciative of reminders and things that connect me with Derek especially during times where I'm stressed or overwhelmed. I'm appreciative of the friends that I have in my life, but no one was Derek. We had a bond that could never be replaced and I miss him every day.

"No problem. It's in my car, I'll get it for you before I leave work."

"Okay." I nodded as my pager went off. "I have to go." I sighed. I went to the ER where a patient was just being brought in. After running some tests I took her to the O.R. to operate. Once I finished I went to the daycare to check on Isabella before going to the conference room to work on files.

I heard the door open and looked up to see Jackson walking into the room.

"Hey." He said closing the door behind him.

"Hey." I said as I focused back on my paperwork.

"Peace offering." He said offering me a cup of coffee.

"No thank you." I shook my head.

"Come on. You know you want it." He said jokingly trying to lighten the mood as he sat down.

"Fine, but only because I'm tired." I said grabbing it.

"You left the house early this morning." He said.

"Early surgery." I shrugged.

"Really?" He asked. It was obvious that he didn't believe me.

"Yep." I said taking a sip of coffee.

"We need to talk." He said.

"I tried to talk. You didn't want to listen." I said flipping through files.

"Lily." He sighed.

"Jackson, we're at work. I'm not discussing our problems here. It's unprofessional." I huffed. "I need to focus on this work."

"Okay, fine. I'll just see you when we get home." He said.

"Okay." I nodded before he got up and left the room.

I was so frustrated with Jackson. I feel like we're barely ever on the same page anymore and I was so tired of us arguing. I felt completely drained.

My pager began going off gaining my attention. I see that Alex is paging me to the E.R. so I gathered my things before going to meet him.