It Was An Accident

Liliana's pov

"You want to go again" Jackson asks as we lay side by side trying to catch our breath.

"We can't Avery. We have to get to work" I sigh.

"We can be a little late" he says as he begins kissing me again.

"Fine" I agree giving in. One thing about this pregnancy is the hormones are making me want to have sex all of the time, which is much to Jackson's satisfaction. Once we finished we went to take a shower and get dressed before grabbing breakfast and leaving for work. As soon as I got dressed in my scrubs I got paged immediately to go to the ambulance bay. There was a 8 year old child that was shot and being rushed into the hospital. I made my way to the bay where almost all of the head of departments were awaiting the patients arrival.

"Guys I appreciate that all of you guys want to help, but the only people I need right now are Hunt, Wilson, and maybe cardio and neuro. So the rest of you can go, he says, but no one moves. I don't think anyone could until we find out how this happened. Kids are brought into the hospital everyday, but rarely ever for something like this. The ambulance arrives as the two mothers rush out onto the bay. There were apparently two little boys involved in the incident, but only one of them was shot and we're not sure who's child it was yet.

"No, we have to see who it is" one of the moms cries as Owen and Webber try to keep them from running to the ambulance.

"Ma'am, ma'am. Please stay back" Owen says before him, Alex, Jo, and I rush over to the ambulance to unload the patient.

"8 year old male. Gsw to the abdomen. Stable after 500 cc bolus NS" the paramedic says I shine the flashlight in his eyes to check his pupils as he is taken out of the ambulance.

"Who is it. I can't see him" one of the moms asks frantically. April begins talking to her trying to calm her down as we continue to access the patients condition.

"No. Its Brandon. It's Brandon" one of the moms cries as we move the blanket and she sees the shoes that the little boy is wearing. We all look at her sympathetically before beginning to bring Brandon into the E.R. just as the other little boy, Peter, arrives safely in a cop car and his mom rushes over him relieved that he isn't harmed.

"Brandon. Mommy's here I love you" his mom cries as she tries to follow us.

"Ma'am, we've got him. We've got him" Webber says stopping her. We make it into the O.R. and begin working on him.

"E.T. tube in good position" Alex says.

"Breath sounds clear and equal bilaterally" Owen says.

"Does anybody know what happened" April asks.

"Where the hell was the babysitter" Maggie shakes her head as she stands with many of the other doctors watching us work on the patient.

"Hey, everybody shush" Bailey says signaling for them to be silent as we worked.

"A GSW to the right upper quadrant. Belly is soft. Okay I'm gonna need a..." Owen begins to say, struggling to finish his sentence. All of of us were shaken up by this accident. It's just heartbreaking that a eight year old child is laying here with a gunshot wound fighting for his life.

"An ultrasound" Webber finishes.

"Mm-hmm" Owen nods.

"You know what. Let me get in there. I'll, I'll do it" Richard says as he begins helping us.

"He's a little tachycardic, but his pulse is strong" Jo says.

"Garcia, any reflexes" Bailey asks as I check for reflexes.