Scandal

Liliana's pov

It was officially judgment day for the eligible projects so everyone was meeting in the presentation room where the projects would be presented in front of our peers and the judges.

It's been 2 weeks since Kimmie left and with her case no longer active I didn't have a project, but I was still here to support Jackson.

"Move this box down here." I said peeking at Jackson's iPad as I laid my head on his shoulder.

"You're meddling." He sighed.

"Just trying to help. Now move the box over there."

"Thank you." He huffed. He always grew frustrated when I meddled in his work projects, but I couldn't help it.

"Cookie?" Arizona smiled cheerfully offering Jackson and I a cookie from the tray that she had baked.

"Don't mind if I do." Jackson said taking one.

"No thank you." I shook my head. I was too nervous for Jackson to think about eating. Though being an Avery has afforded Jackson amazing opportunities it's blocked him from different opportunities as well, simply because he never wanted to appear like his success was a result of nepotism. This project was his chance to make his own mark on the medical world.

April began the presentations introducing Richard first, Catherine and Jackson went on deck to prepare to present next.

I looked down at my iPad reviewing my patient's cases as presentations proceeded. I had actually managed to zone out and ignore the chatter that filled the auditorium until I heard Jackson's voice.

His presentation started off good, but about midway through it flipped.

"And that's when I told them. I said "Hey. We can make a better vagina, you know?" Jackson chuckled as Catherine stood by him fanning herself. They both looked flustered. "I'm gonna go back. That sounds, uh that sounds wrong. Vaginas are terrific the way they are honestly. I love 'em, you know."

"Oh God Jackson." I sighed running my hands down my face.

"We need to get those cookies." Arizona said as she wobbly approached her chair and plopped down.

"Are you okay?" I frowned.

"Um, the cookies that I just fed pretty much the whole room were weed cookies."

"What?!" I said a little louder than planned gaining a few stares.

"What the hell do mean you fed everyone weed cookies. Jackson ate those." I said turning my attention back to him as he continued his presentation.

"Um, I came from one so.. This one, hers actually. Hey ma." He said looking over at Catherine.

"This can't be happening." I mumbled sliding down in my seat.

"That's not what the script says." Catherine chuckled.

"What do we do?" I whispered to Arizona as April began laughing uncontrollably obviously high as well. Looking around the room almost everybody was noticeably high.

"This is bad." I sighed.

Fortunately, Meredith hadn't eaten any of the cookies so she went on stage and announced that the presentations were now postponed before gathering our doctors in the theater to keep them out of sight until the weed wore off.

"I have to go to surgery. Stay in this room, don't move." I said sternly to Jackson.

"Yes ma'am." He smirked.

"I'm serious Avery." I said before leaving the room to head to surgery.

- -
"Take Ms. Gonzalez to recovery and start her post-ops. I'll come check in on her in a few." I instructed Helm. Thankfully I just had to perform a quick procedure so I was now preparing to go check back on Jackson.