Apologies

Liliana's pov

Even though I was confident in the decision that I made last night, it still hurt. I wanted nothing more than to be in a happy marriage and to give Isabella a happy family but I was failing at both. All I wanted was to fix everything but fixing a marriage takes two people.

After our discussion last night Jackson stayed at a hotel and he's meeting me back at the house this morning so that we can figure out how we're going to split time with Isabella while we're separated. A discussion I never dreamed of having.

I got out of bed and went to do my hygiene before getting dressed. I couldn't help but stare at my reflection in the mirror. My face was all swollen and puffy from crying the night before, I had bags under my eyes from the many restless nights I've spent stressing. I looked, how I felt. Terrible.

After I finished having a pity party I went to the kitchen to fix some coffee. Soon I heard the door opening and Jackson came in.

"Hey." He said as he walked into the kitchen.

"Hey." I said taking a sip of my coffee. The room felt extremely awkward, both of us were unsure of what to say or what to do.

"So we need to figure out a schedule for Isabella. I don't know how long we're going to be apart and I want for this transition to be as smooth as possible for her and for her to still be able to have time with both of us." I said setting my coffee mug down as we stood across from each other at the counter.

"Liliana, this isn't necessary. I get it, you've made your point. There needs to be changes in our marriage. You need me to try harder, but I don't see how separating is going to help with that." He frowned.

"Like I told you last night, I've made my decision. It's not up for debate. You're here so that we can discuss Isabella not us." I said sternly.

"We're in a marriage. You can't just take a timeout because we're having problems." He said.

"This isn't some split second decision that I made because things weren't going my way Jackson." I said raising my voice.. "I have been begging you for a change for weeks but you have did nothing but ignore me and put me last. If my husband isn't going to consider me and my feelings than I have to. I didn't make this decision because I want to hurt you . I made it because I'm hurting. The way that our marriage is going hurts me. I'm not happy. And if we're being honest can you actually look me in my eyes and tell me that you're happy in this marriage?" I asked blinking back tears. I know Jackson and I could tell he wasn't happy. Even though those words never came out of his mouth, his actions showed it.

Looking at me he remained silent knowing I was right.

"I really didn't want to argue or even talk about us today, but I have a question and I need you to be honest with me."

"Okay." He said lowly.

"All these weeks that you've been spending time with Maggie, did anything ever happen between you two?"

"No Lily, nothing happened between Maggie and I." He sighed.

"But did you want something too?" I asked wiping away my tears.

"I love you. I never thought of cheating on you." He sighed. "Maggie just, she needed me as a friend as just person. Yes, maybe I enjoyed having a conversation with someone who saw me simply as myself and asked me little things like what I watched
on tv or how my day was. When's the last time we just sat down and talked about us?" He shrugged.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry that I've been so busy being a mother to our child that I wasn't attentive enough to you." I said defensively.

"That's not what I was trying to say. I'm saying that I think we lost ourselves in being parents, in being busy. We stopped treating each other like husband and wife." He sighed.

"Okay, maybe things between us are different now. We have a baby, things have changed, but I have tried to be a good wife. I was there for you when you met your father, I've tried every way possible to make time for us, for our family, I have been there for you despite the exhaustion from staying up with Isabella, despite the constant change of emotions I have went through as a mother. I try Jackson and no I haven't been perfect or fulfilled your every need, but whenever there's a problem I at least talk to you about it instead of pushing you away. That's what you're supposed to do in a marriage." I said.

"I know. I was childish and I was wrong. I should've talked to you." He admitted. "I'm sorry. I'm so so sorry, but now we know there's a problem and we can talk it about it. We can fix it." He said grabbing my hands before I pulled away.

"Just because you had some type of epiphany doesn't mean that everything's just magically solved. I can't just forget all the stress that you've put me through lately." I shook my head. "You have drained me and I just, I need time. I still need you to move out."

Thanks for reading, please vote and comment!