Bias

Liliana's pov

"What happened last night. Can't keep happening." I said to Jackson as I brushed my hair into a ponytail.

"Why not? I enjoyed it." He smirked making me side-eye him. "Lily, we're married. Married people have sex."

"We're separated. Getting a divorce." I said as I turned around to face him.

"Liliana." He sighed.

"Jackson," I said sternly folding my arms. "Look we don't have time to talk about this. We're already running late for work." I sighed.

"Fine, we can talk later." He agreed.

"Fine." I sighed.

We both finished getting dressed before leaving the house. Walking into the hospital I automatically noticed Jo, Alex, and Mer standing outside of an ER room intently staring into the room. I walked over to them to see what was going on. I looked into the room and saw that Jo's ex, Paul was being worked on. He was unconscious and covered in cuts and bruises while doctors and nurses worked on him.

"Alex, please tell me you didn't do this," I asked turning around to face him. Remembering everything Alex went through after the incident with DeLuca I just hoped he wouldn't let himself get back in trouble because of his temper.

"No, no." He quickly shook his head. "It was a hit and run."

"We were at home in bed," Jo said.

"You shouldn't be standing out here or anywhere near him right now. You both need to go to the attendant's lounge." I sighed.

"She's right. Don't talk to anybody." Meredith agreed.

Jo and Alex quickly walked away to go to the lounge while I left to get dressed in my scrubs. Even though the day was just starting I could tell it was going to be a hell of a day. My assistance was needed on Paul's case so I began running tests and took him to get a CT.

"What are you guys doing back out here," I asked Jo and Alex as they stood outside of Paul's room speaking to Meredith.

"It wasn't us." Jo shook her head as she held Alex's hand.

"And I believe that," I sighed.

"So do I, but I still think you could make it to Canada by lunchtime." Mer joked making me hold back a chuckle.

"Not funny." Jo scoffed.

"How did his scans look?" Mer asked.

"There's no acute abnormalities on the CT. It just looks like a severe concussion. He's a lucky guy." I shrugged as my pager began going off. "I have to go," I said.

I went to the ER where a patient was just brought in from a motorcycle accident. I examined him before taking him to the O.R. to begin surgery. Once I finished operating I took him to recovery.

I began walking over to the front desk to hand the nurse my patient files. As I walked over there I noticed two officers standing outside of a patient's room. I soon saw Jackson walking out of the room over to the desk as well.

"Why are there police standing outside of your patient's room?" I frowned.

"That's a good question considering the patient is a 12-year-old boy who they shot in the neck for trying to get into his own house." He scoffed.

"The cops shot a 12-year-old kid?" I frowned.

"Yeah and now they're standing guard outside of his room like he's some kind of risk."

"What the hell happened for them to shoot a kid in the neck?"

"He forgot the key to his house, so he was trying to get in through a window. They thought he was breaking in and they shot him." He shook his head.