Chapter thirty three

"Jake!!! I think my water just broke!" I scream. I could feel my whole body shaking. It was too early. I'm not due yet. I was starting to freak myself out.

"Abby! What happened?!" Jake rushes into the bathroom.

"I-I don't know I just got out of the shower and dried off, but I standing in a pool of water, and it's not from the shower." I explain. "Jake I'm scared. What if something's wrong?" I cry.

"It's okay baby. Let's get you to the hospital okay?" Jake picks me up and carries me downstairs and to his car.

I curl up in the seat and start to cry. Jake gets in the car and starts the engine.

"Something isn't right Jake, I know it's not." I tell him.

"It's going to be okay baby. I promise." He grabs my hand and kisses it.

My body starts to ache again. I was in so much pain now. Was I going to give birth in this car?

Jake was driving as fast as he could, but he was trying his best to be safe. I was becoming more scared by the minute.

"I'm hurting so much. It hurts so bad." I cry. I could feel tears falling down my face. Are my babies and I going to be okay?

"We're almost there babe." He answers. He was nervous as well. He was trying not to show it, but I know he is.

We pull into the hospital and Jake parks right in front of the doors. He gets out and runs to my side to get me out. He runs inside carrying me. "Help me! We think her water broke!" He yells for a nurse.

"Here! Sit her on here." A nurse brings a wheelchair over.

Jake follows on the other side, holding my hand, as we walk into the hospital.

"We'll get her in a room. You can stay with her. A doctor will with you shortly." The nurse explains.

We get into a room and she helps Jake put me onto the bed. "Just keep your breathing steady honey. The doctor is on her way to this floor." The nurse then walks out of the room.

I was freaking out worse then before. Everything was hitting me all at once. The pain most of all. But also I was worried I was going to lose me babies.

"Jake I don't want to lose our babies. Please tell me we're not going to lose them." I pull him closer to me and cry into his shirt. He puts arm around me.

"Baby I know I know. But it's all going to be okay. You and the babies are going to be okay." He tries comfort, it was working, but not enough. I was still freaking out. I just wish the doctor would hurry and get here and tell me what's going on.

"You don't think it was because of what we did last night do you?" Jake asks, interrupting my thoughts. He doesn't think this is fault does he?

"No Jake, it's not that. It can't be. It might just be nothing, it's okay." I was the one trying to do the comforting now. The look on his face was scared, but us having sex can't be what is making this happen. He nods, but looks away from me.

Shortly after the doctor finally walks in.

"Hello guys, I'm Dr. Smith. Would you like to tell me what happened?" She stands next to the bed and asks me.

"Well I was in the shower and everything seemed fine, but when I got out and dried off I was standing in a puddle of water. It wasn't from the shower though. Plus, I have been having sharp pains." I explain to the doctor.

"Okay honey. I don't think you're in labor, but I need to do some tests to see what is going on. We also need to do an ultra sound." She writes a few things down on a clip board then looks back to me.

"W-We had sex tonight. Would that of caused this?" Jake asks.

"Jake!" I slap his arm, embarrassed from his question.

"Oh I don't think that's what has caused this." The doctor sort of laughed. "No need to worry. I understand guys. I'll be right back to do the ultrasound." She says before leaving the room.

I look over to Jake. "Can't believe you asked her that!" I sort snap at him, but laugh.

"I'm sorry. I had to know though!" He laughs with me. I guess it is good that he asked.

The pains were starting to get more intense now. I was holding my stomach, hoping it would stop but they seemed to be getting worse.

The doctor comes back in the room with a nurse. "This is nurse Casey." She introduces us.

"Okay, I'm going to rub this on your stomach. It may be a little cold." Casey tells me. I nod and lift my shirt. I tense up a little while she rubs the cold gel on my stomach. Casey removes her gloves and moves over so the doctor can start the ultrasound. She moves the wand across my stomach slowly.

"Hmm, well I see one of the babies, but I'm not finding the other." She moves the wand around some more. "Wait. I see the other baby." She says, but by the look on her face I know something is wrong.

She sat the wand down and turned to face me. "Abby I want you to stay calm okay?" She places her hand on top of mine. My eyes were feeling with tears.

"What's wrong with my b-babies?" I stutter. Jake takes my other hand in his and squeezes it gently.

"I'm sorry to tell you this guys, but I'm not finding a heartbeat from one of the babies."

"What?!" I almost scream.

Here is another chapter! Hope y'all like it!