Chapter twenty one

Today was my birthday. I was finally eighteen years old. I was an adult. Somedays I didn't know if I would make it to this age, but I have and I'm as happy as ever. I never thought I would have so much in life, but now I can say I have everything. Today was going to be the best day of my life, I know it because I'm spending it with someone who truly loves me and I love him. Most people would say since I'm only eighteen I wouldn't know what love is, but now after everything I truly believe I know what love is. I think it's where you're willing to do anything for this person. I think it's where you're willing to stay with this person no matter what. But I also think it means you know in your heart that this is the person you're supposed to be with. When you're truly in love you know that you're supposed to be with this person and this person is meant for you. You're just able to feel it in your heart. To me, that is love and I know that I am in love because this is exactly how I feel.

I wake up and roll over to see that Jake was not next to me. I smile thinking that maybe he was fixing breakfast. I get up and quickly make the bed. When I did finish I go to the bathroom to take a shower. I brush my teeth while I let the water warm up.

I stare at myself in the mirror and realize I've changed a lot. I look so much better than I used to. I actually look happy. I smile at myself.

"Admiring yourself?" A voice echoed behind me. I look over to see Jake gazing at me in the mirror.

"Sort of. I've realized that I look so much happier than I did when I didn't know you. I was miserable, now I'm so happy and grateful." I admit.

Jake moves closers and his arms go around my waist pulling me closer. "So you're saying I've made you happy?" He smirks, knowing that's exactly what I'm saying.

"You know you have. I'm the happiest girl in the world and it's all because of you." I smile as I turn to face him. He rests his hands on my back and smiles back at me.

"Happy birthday gorgeous." He says. He leans down and kisses the top of my nose.

"Thank you." I reply. I give him a quick peck on the lips right before he lifts me up into the air. I laugh as I'm thrown over his shoulder.

"You want to go on a ride? Because you're going to." He gently slaps my butt. I laugh harder, trying to breathe.

"Oh yeah, not the only thing I'm going to be riding." I smirk.

"Oh really?" He asks. "I like it when you talk dirty." He says as if he's shocked, I was shocked as well with my reply, but it's true.

"Get used to it then." I laugh once more as Jake sits me down on the counter. He smirks and kisses my cheek.

"So I made you a birthday breakfast. It's a little bit of everything. Pancakes, bacon, sausage, fruit, toast, orange juice, stuff like that." He says altogether.

"Baby! Thank you!" I squeal. I jump off the counter and begin to fill up my plate. Once I do, I sit at the counter and eat with Jake.

"I may or may not of planned a lot of stuff to do today for your birthday."

"So you did?" I ask, with a grin.

"Yes." He admits as he pops the last piece of bacon in his mouth. I smile widely.

"Thank you so much. I can't wait." I answer. I kiss his cheek. We finish our breakfast then go up stairs to get ready together.

"What do I need to wear?" I ask, not knowing what we will be doing.

"Uh, some shorts and a tank top, so you won't get as hot, and a bathing suit under it." He says. I smile and nod. I pick out a cute black one piece with blue jeans shorts and a white tank top, along with tennis shoes. I put my hair in a messy bun and notice Jake is waiting for me to finish.