Chapter fourteen

I sat in the bathroom and cried until I couldn't cry anymore. I had blood all over me by now, but I was too weak to pick my self up out of it. Jake must of heard my crying, he walked in too see me sitting in blood.

"Baby what's wrong?!" He asks rushing over to me.
"The b-baby, it-it's gone." I finally get out.
"Oh my god."

Jake gets a towel and runs over to me. He started to clean the blood off of my hands and legs, then the floor.

"I'm taking you to the hospital." Jake says.
"No, you'll get caught."
"I don't care, this could be life threatening to you Abby, I can't lose you too." He says.
"I'm fine, just get me some medicine and I'll take a shower real quick. I'll be okay." I reply.
"Abby, please." He begs.
"I'm okay Jake."
"Fine, but I'm calling a doctor that lives in town that I know. I'll see if he'll come to see you." Jake said before helping me get up.

I decide to not argue with him anymore. My legs wobbled a little bit, but Jake just picked me up so I wouldn't fall. He carries me over to the bathtub. I hated baths, but I was too weak to stand. Jake takes my clothes off and turned the water on. He added soap then put me into the water.

"Do you need any help?" He asks.
"I think I'll be okay."
"Okay, well I'm going to clean the rest of the bathroom up."

I nod and lie back into the water. The thought of losing my child came back into my head. I know I hadn't been pregnant long and I was hardly even showing, but it still hurts like hell knowing your child is gone and you never even got to meet them. I didn't really want a child this early, but that all went away. Now I'm just worried if I ever get pregnant again I'll lose it again. I don't want to go through this again.

I wash all the blood off of me and soak in the bubble filled water. Jake finished cleaning and got some clothes out for me.

"The doctor will be here in an hour." He says. I nod and he helps me out of the water and wraps a towel around my body. He sat me down on the edge of the tub and dries my body off.

"Baby, you don't have to." I say.
"Yes I do."

He helps me into my clothes and carries me to our bed. He covers me up and kisses my forehead.

"Are you hungry?" He asks.
"No." I say.
"You need to eat something sweetie."
"Later." I say.

He nods and cleans everything else up real quick. When he's done he came over and cuddled up next to me. I was rolled over on my side and he put his face in my chest. I wrap my arms and him and cover him up with me.

"I love you." I whisper.
"I love you."

He smiles and I kiss his forehead. I fill him smiling.

"I'm sorry I couldn't keep our baby healthy and alive." I finally say.

He quickly rose up and looked me right in the eyes.

"It is not your fault. Everything that happens was meant to happen. God wasn't ready for us to have a child yet. So do not blame yourself." He says sternly.

"But I feel like it's my fault Jake. I couldn't take care of our child while it was inside me, how am I supposed to take care of a child when it's born." I say.
"When we have a child you will be a great mother."
"I hope." I sigh.
"You will." He says.

He starts to lay back down, but there was a knock on the door. Jake got up and went to downstairs. A few minutes later Jake and the doctor walked in.

"Hello Abby, I'm doctor Anderson, but you can call me John." He says.
I nod and smile.
"Jake tells me that you have had a miscarriage."
"Yes I did." I sigh.
"Can you tell me what all happened?" He asks.
"I woke up around one in the morning to a terrible pain in my stomach. I got up to go to the bathroom and the pain got worse. I tried using the restroom, but that wasn't what was wrong so I got up and the pain just hit me and I fell onto the floor. Then blood starting pouring from me." I explain.

"What was the stomach pain like?"
"It was like cramping." I say.

"Alright well I'll have to do an ultrasound. Most women go through this. You may of not lost the baby." He says.
"But there was so much blood." I say.
"Just don't get your hopes up."

John goes back downstairs to his car to get the ultra sound.

"Do you think the baby is still alive?" I ask Jake.
"Maybe. I hope so."

The doctor comes back in and hooks up the ultra sound machine. He puts gel onto my stomach and goes over it. I've never seen an ultra sound in person before, but it looked like nothing was there.

"Alright, well you did have a miscarriage Abby. I'm so sorry. But everything else looks to be okay. I have some medicine for you to take for a couple weeks. One a day." He hands me the bottle.

"I have to head back now, but I'll call to check in on you in a few days. Bye now." He waves and walks back downstairs. Jake walked him to the door. He came back with a towel and rubbed he gel off my now flatter stomach. He leans down and hugs me tightly.

"I'm so sorry baby, I thought we may have a chance." He said before letting me go.
"It's okay, we'll be okay."

He kisses me then takes the towel to the laundry. The rest of the day went by somewhat slow. I ate as much as I could handle right now and laid in bed. Jake cleaned the house. Then came and seen me and cuddled with me. We had supper in bed. Then went right to sleep in each others arms.

Hey guys! Sorry it took a couple days for this chapter, I'm going to try to get them done quicker. Hope you enjoy!- author