Chapter twenty seven

*JAKES POV*

I sat in my prison cell, staring at the ceiling, thinking about Abby. I knew something was wrong the second she walked into the courtroom. It was all over her face, but I never expected her to say what she did, to get me put in prison.

She was the only thing I ever thought about. She was on my mind every second of every day. I wasn't concerned about my self, just Abby. I miss her so much. She is the only thing that matters and I just need her back in my life.

I hope that she is okay. I wish I knew something. Anything. Where she was. Who she was with. How she is doing. I just hope and pray that she is doing alright.

From the looks of it, I may never get to see her again, but once I get out I will find her again. I love her. I really do love her. I didn't think I'd actually fall for her, but I have. She is all I want. She is all I need.

I just don't understand why she said what she said at the trial. I thought she loved me too. When it happened I felt my heart breaking. It made me angry and frustrated because I couldn't believe it, but when she looked up at me it all went away. I could never stay angry at her. She may not love me, but I love her and I will everything to get her back.

I sigh and pull my self up from the very uncomfortable bed. It was hell staying in here, but there's not much I can do about it. The guard opens up my cell door and I walk out.

"Breakfast time." He says as he shuts the door back. He guides me down the hall and into the crowded dining room.

I didn't have to move to a prison, this one was connected with the police department. I guess it's better than going to another county or possibly another state. Hopefully this way I'll get to for sure see Abby again. I wish she would come see me, but I've pretty much lost all hope for that.

I walk over to the line and grab a metal tray. I walk through the line and my tray is filled with watery oatmeal, a orange juice, and two pieces of toast. It looked disgusting, but I've gotten pretty used to the food by now. I grab some plastic utensils and walk over to an empty table, where Gabe was waiting. I meet him the first day I got here. He's alright, and someone to talk to I guess.

"Hey bro, what's up?" He asks as I sit down.

"Wishing we had a better breakfast." I chuckle.

"Yeah, well this is all you get around here." He laughs. "So you never told me why you're in here." He says as he takes a bit of toast.

I sigh. "Well, I kidnapped a girl, close to a year ago."

"Whoa really? You don't look like the type."

"Yeah, but it's always the ones you least expect right?" I answer.

"That is true. But why'd you do it? Did you rape her or anything?"

"No no! I did it because I had no choice, but I ended up falling in love with her, and I thought she loved me too, but I guess not. She told the court everything, after telling me she wouldn't." I explain.

"Do you think she just manipulated you?" He asks. The thought of that angered me.

"No, she told me she loved me and she said it like she meant it. She even didn't try to run away. A used to be friend of mine came around and tried to rape her and she got outside when I went after him and she ran to me and hugged me when she could of ran. That's when I really thought she truly loved me." I say.

"Well man I'll be honest, it sounds like she does love you, but it's hard to tell with woman. If there possibly someone who could have made her do it or something of that sort?" He asks.

"Um...." I think. Then it hit me.

"Yeah, Brandon, my old friend that tried to rape her. He may of done something." I say. I know he has. Fuck, I have to get out of her. He'll kill her.

"Fuck!" I yell. I sling my tray across the table and stand up.

"Calm down man, she'll be alright." Gabe says. "Come on lets get you back to your cell."

I sigh and follow him back into the halls and to my cell.

"Just try to calm down, it'll all be alright man. I'll come get you later for dinner, alright?"

"Yeah." Is all say. I throw myself on the rock hard bed and Gabe walks back down the hall.

God I hope that Abby is okay, but if she's with Brandon then I know she's not okay. How could I be so stupid? He's done all this I'm sure. He's ruined my life.

If he's hurt her I will kill him. And I will gladly go to jail again for it. I've just got to get out of here. She won't be able to make it long with him. He's crazy. He should be the one in here not me. I know it's terrible that I kidnapped her. I could of just gotten to know her, but it's not my fault. She needs to know the whole story, and I'll tell her when I'm finally out of here, or if she comes to see me. She will know the whole story. She will know the truth.

I lay over to my side and fall asleep while I think about Abby.

I'm awoken by Gabe instead of the guard this time. We hadn't said much, but he brought me a sandwich, which I gladly took because I was starving.

"So why are you in here." I ask Gabe.

"I killed my father." He sighs.

"What? Really? Why?" I ask, in shock.

He takes a seat next to me. "He was an awful drunk. He would come every night and beat my mother. I thought he was going to beat her to death sometimes. I couldn't take it anymore so I told my my mother that we were getting out."

"I never told her what I was going to do, but I got here out and came back to the house and waited for my father. As soon as he walked in a stabbed him in the throat. I turned myself in after wards. I didn't care what happened to me, I just needed my mother safe."

"Damn man. I'm sorry." Is all I know to say.

"Nah man, it's all good now."

After a little more talking it was time for everyone to go to bed. It wasn't too easy for me this time. Abby was on my mind of course.

I am so scared for her, but I know I will get to her again.

Alright guys I know this isn't that good most likely, but I need to get something up already. Hope y'all like it! -author