Chapter seventeen

The next morning Jake woke me up and we both got dressed together.

"Could we um, get my dad a new tombstone?" I finally decide to ask.
"Of course baby." He smiles.
"I have a little money saved up." I say.
"Don't worry about it, I'm paying."
"But its a lot."
"I don't care." He says.

I nod and say nothing else. He would argue if I tried anymore. I finish getting ready and we go to the kitchen to eat. My mother was still in bed, I didn't bother to wake her. I found a few eggs and some toast. I don't see how my mother survives. I fix everything quickly and we eat together. It was all gone in just a few minutes.

"Let's go." Jake says.

I follow Jake to his truck and we pull out of the driveway.

"There's a place in town where we can buy a new tombstone." I say.

Jake nods and we head towards town. We're there in just a few minutes. Luckily it was open. I had no idea what I wanted to get for him. But I wanted it to be very special. We look around for a while and i couldn't really find the perfect one.

"I don't know which to choose."
"Come on we'll go ask the owner if they have anything else." Jake says grabbing my arm.

I nod and walk inside with him.

"Hey, come on in." The owner smiles.
"Anything you need help with?" He asks.
"Yeah, we're looking for a tombstone for her father. We're looking for a really special one for him."

He smiles. "Come with me."

We follow him to the back and find many unique tombstones. They were beautiful.

"You can choose one of these, or have one made."
"Alright, we'll look around then decide." I say.

He nods and walks off to let us look. There were smaller ones that were very pretty and detailed, but I wanted a bigger tombstone for him. It had to be so special. I looked around for about fifteen minutes, then I spotted one that I really loved. It was a light grey color, it had roses carved into it, they were my dads favorite.

"This one, I want this one." I say pointing towards it.

Jake nods and goes to tell the owner. They both come back in a few seconds.

"I want one like this made."
"Okay." He answers.

I write down my fathers name for the owner and Jake signs a paper showing he paid for it.

"Alright it'll be done in a few days. We'll ship it to you."

We nod, give him the address, and leave.

"Thank you so much."
"You're welcome, anything for you baby." He smiles kissing the back of my hand.

I smile and blush a little. His affection and attention was amazing. I don't think I ever want to lose him. I know it's fucked up how were together. But I've accepted it. I don't think I would change it. I'm falling in love with this boy.

You're probably thinking how could I fall for my kidnapper? It just happened...I guess.

I caught my myself staring at Jake for the longest time.

"What?" He asks laughing.
"Nothing, just admiring you." I answer.
"Like what you see?"
"Yes." I smile, then kiss his cheek.
"I love you so much. I wish I could explain how much I love you."
"Aw, baby. I love you too."

We stop at flower shop to look for some simple flowers to put on my fathers grave for now. The place was small, but had tones of beautiful flowers. I've never seen this place before it must be new. There was a guy about my age working there. He greeted me with a bright smile. I smile back and look around the store to decide on some flowers. Roses were his favorite, but I didn't know what color to pick. I finally decided on light blue. Jake walks with me to quickly pay. The guy working there just keeps smiling at me. I look at Jake and he doesn't look too happy. He's jealous and the guy wasn't even saying anything. I laugh a little. I do like an overprotective guy, so it's okay.