Chapter Thirty Four

"What?!" I scream.

"Please stay calm Abby." The doctor tells me.

"No,no! How?" I ask. My whole body was shaking and tears were falling down my face. "What happened?"

"We're not sure. It could be different things." The doctor replies. "But we are going to have to do a c-section. It's not good for the other baby." She explains.

"But I'm still almost a month early. Will my other baby be okay?" I ask.

"The other baby should be fine. But we have to get started now." She exits the room and comes back in with another nurse.

"Sir you can come in with us, but you'll have to stand back." The doctor tells Jake.

"Okay." He nods. He never lets go of my hand as the doctor and nurses push me out of the room.

We reach the end of hall and enter into the surgery room. I was scared. I've never had to go through anything like this before. I was mostly just worried for my baby. I can't lose them both.

"Jake promise me it's going to be okay." I cry.

"I promise baby. I promise everything will be okay." He assured me. He was scared too, but he was doing so good to try to keep me calm.

"We're going to have to take your clothes off for the surgery and move you to this table okay Abby?" The doctor tells me. I nod. Her and the nurses lift me up and help me take my clothes off. Then they help me on the table. It was so cold.

They continued to cover my body except for my stomach. Then another doctor walked in. I was guessing it was the surgeon.

"Hello Abby. I'm Dr. Morgan. I'm going to do your c-section today. How are you feeling?" She asks me.

"I'm so scared." I admit. I was though. What if both the baby and I don't make it from this? I know these things can go wrong easily.

"That's understandable. I will make sure that you and your baby are okay." She smiles down to me. "Alright let's get an iv in her please."

"It's going to be just like you fell asleep Abby." The doctor tells me.

The nurses place the iv in my arm. It stung for a minute, but I was quickly starting to feel more tired. Before I know it everything was black.

(Jakes POV now)

Abby had just passed out. I was so scared for her. I can't lose her and my other baby. They were my life. I can't believe we already lost one. I know it broke her when the doctor told us. It broke me too.

We've been through so much and as soon as something starts going good something bad happens.

The doctors had me put a cover over my clothes, a mask on, and gloves. I had to stay back from Abby. I could only watch as the surgeon began. I just wanted to hold her. I just wanted to tell her that everything will be okay.

The surgeon began to cut open the bottom of her stomach. I had to look away. I couldn't watch. I was so scared something would go wrong. I don't know what I would do if it did.

Abby is the absolute love of my life. I can't do this without her.

It didn't take long until they got to one of the babies. It was the little boy. I looked up to see him. He was so small. My poor son. Why did this have to happen?

"Would you like to see him closer?" The nurse asks.

"Y-Yes." I stutter. The nurse covers him up and brings him over to me.

He looked so much like Abby. He was so small.

"I'm so sorry little buddy. I wish we could of met you. Daddy loves you so much." I almost start to cry. The nurse notices and takes him away, understanding it was too hard for me right now.

I tried to wipe the falling tears off of my face. Then I heard it. Crying. I looked up to see the other nurse holding our baby girl.

"She's premature, but she seems to be very healthy." Dr. Smith tells me.

"Let me get her cleaned up and you can hold her." The nurse that was holding her told me.

After cleaning her up she brings her to me. I take her into my arms. "There you go. Support her head. Good." The nurse tells me.

She was so small as well. She looked a lot like Abby as well, but she defiantly had my nose and eyes. She was beautiful just like her mother. My tears had stopped. I was smiling now. I have a baby girl.

"She's bleeding a lot! We have to hurry and stop the bleeding! We have to stitch her stomach up now!" I hear Dr. Smith yell.

I look up to see blood going everywhere. "Abby!" I scream. I try to run to her but a nurse stops me.

"Sir please let me have the baby. I need you go out of the room please." The nurse takes her from my arms and urges me to leave the room.

"No please! Let me see Abby!" I yell to her. I was crying again.

"It's okay. Please you just don't need to be in here right now. Please sir."

I nod and slowly walk out of the room. I push my self against the wall and fall to the floor. I bury my face in my hands and begin to cry.

I promised her she would be okay. I promised. Now I feel like I've failed her.

So two chapters in one day? Yep! I hope y'all like it!