Chapter nineteen

Today was Sunday and Jake was supposed to tell me my surprise for my birthday, which was Tuesday. I didn't understand why he was telling me so early or whatever.

I woke up and Jake was packing.

"What are you doing?" I ask.
"Packing."
"Why?"
"Because we're going going on a trip gorgeous." He says kissing my forehead.
"What? Really?" I ask in excitement.
"Yes." He says.
"To where?"
"You'll see when we get there." He smiles.

I was so excited. I haven't ever been out of Minnesota before. It makes it even better that I'm going with my boyfriend. I already knew this would be the best birthday ever.

"Oh baby thank you so much. I want to go ahead and say it." I say as I jump from my bed and into his arms hugging him. He laughs at my response and hugs me back.

"Come on, we've got to pack." He says putting me down. I nod and help him pack everything up.
"Are we going home to get some things?" I ask.
"Nope. I'm going to buy you some clothes when we get where we're going. Another new wardrobe to bring back home and whatever else you want."

"Oh no that's too much baby. You're already taking me on a trip. I'll just bring some old clothes from here." I tell him.
"No. I've already made up my mind and you can't change it."
"But"

He didn't let me finish my sentence before putting a finger over my lips.
"I already told you I'm doing it. It's my money so if I want to buy you something I will."
"Fine."

I give him a hug and a kiss to show him that I appreciated what he was doing. I'm really beginning to believe that he'll doing anything for me.

We were done packing in just a little while. Jake took everything to the truck while I told my mom what we were doing.

"I don't know when I'll be back, but I suppose I can try to come see you sometime." That was all I said before we left.

"I need to tell my dad bye first."
"I know sweetie." He smiles kissing me hand.

We stop and go to my dads grave.

"Hey Dad. I just want to say I love you before I leave. I'm going to be back though. Mostly to see you, but I'll go see mom too. I love you." I say. I fix his roses real quick then go back to the truck.

"You okay?" Jake asks as I shut the door.
"I'm okay." I smile. He smiles back and we drive to the airport.

It was now 7:00 o'clock and it took about an hour to get to the airport I think. I turned on the radio and started to sing. I noticed Jake looking over every few minutes and smiling at me.

"You stare too much." I say.
"It's hard not to stare at you."
"Sure." I kind of smile.

He stopped the truck in the middle of the road.

"Jake!"
"Oh sorry." He pulls over.
"What are you doing?" I ask.
"I know what you're doing. You're trying to say you're not pretty. I don't ever want to hear that come out of your mouth. You are the most beautiful woman I have ever seen in my entire life. I will stare you as much as I want because I can't help it. I can't stop myself from staring at you. Everything about you is beautiful." He almost yells, but he wasn't trying to really yell he wasn't trying to tell me I was beautiful.
"Thank you so much baby. I'm sorry I won't say it."
I say as I lean over to his side and start to kiss him. He grabbed the back of my head and kissed me back with his other hand caressing my cheek. The kiss was becoming deeper, but I moved back knowing we needed to go. He held my face in hands.

"I love you." He says.
"I love you too."

He lets me go and I get comfortable in my seat again and we drove off. I really believe he means what he says. I'm so grateful.