Chapter Thirty

When I awoke  again, I was in the hospital, and Jake was gone again. I just got to see him and he was already gone, and out of my arms just like that.

Jake had to go back to the prison, but the police looked at the video from the phone and they investigated the house. They said that Brandon was completely guilty, and Jake was going to be released in a week. I have to be in the hospital for two weeks, because I needed to heal completely.

I hadn't gotten to tell Jake about the baby, but he or she was okay as far as the doctors knew, I was only around two and a half months. That made me very happy at least, I just hope that it's Jake's baby.

I had been in the hospital for almost the whole two weeks, so Jake was getting to leave today. I was so happy to see him again. I had mostly just been laying in bed the whole time, I really had nothing else to do.

I tried walking around for a bit, but it was just boring around here. I just couldn't get my mind off of Jake, we were finally going to be together again.

Today, I decided that I would just eat breakfast and go on a short walk around the hospital. The nurse walked into my room with a smile plastered across her face. She was always so happy, I don't see how she can do it.

"Hey Abby, I've got you some oatmeal today." She smiles as she brings the tray over to me. She places it down on my lap.

"Thank you." I smile.

"Oh, and here is your pain medication." She hands over two small pills. I had been taking these everyday, but they were helping a lot.

I give her a thankful nod. "I'll see you later, enjoy." She says as she walks out the door.

I opened the orange juice that I was also given and swallow the two pills. Then I begin to eat my oatmeal, it wasn't the best, but it was better than you would expect something from a hospital to be.

When I finish I also eat some fruit, which was my favorite, then a cup of yogurt. I then sat the tray down and decide to go ahead and go for a walk to digest my food.

I had to bring my IV bag with me, but I've somewhat gotten used to it. My stomach was still very sore, but it was heeling very well.

I pull myself up from the bed, wincing a little at the slight pain in my stomach. I walk to the door and decide to go to the right today. I hadn't been this way before. I walk down the hall passing a few other patients, but I soon stop when I see the most beautiful garden outside.

There were flowers of every color. I just had to go out and see them.

I push the door open and walk outside, jumping a little when the door slams shut. I take a deep breath of the fresh air.

I walk into the garden and the first thing that quickly caught my eyes were red roses. They were my absolute favorite type of flower.

I quickly bring it up to my nose, it smelled amazing. I walk around to look at all the other flowers. There were sunflowers, daisies, lilies, and so much more. I don't even know the names of half of them, but they were so beautiful, I couldn't stop smelling them all.

After a while I decided that it was time to get back inside. I started to walk back towards the door.

"Abby?" I looked up to see who had said my name.

"Jake?" I could feel tears coming from my eyes as soon as my eyes met his.

"Oh my god." I say as I pick up my pace and quickly find myself in his warm embrace.

I wrapped my arms around his torso as I buried my face in his chest.

"Oh baby, I've missed you so much. I thought I'd never see you again." He says.

"I thought the same." I started to cry now. He placed his hands on my cheek as I look up to him.

"I am so sorry Abby."

"No, don't you dare apologize, this was not your fault." I placed my hands onto his chest.

He leaned and kissed my lips. I kissed him back as soon as his lips touched mine. I've never been so happy to be able to kiss him. I smiled as he moved his head back.

"Please tell me what happened." He says.

"Come on and I will." I take his hand into mine and we walk back inside and into my room.

Jake helped me up onto my bed and then sat down next to me.

"Well when you were arrested Brandon had practically taken me. We stayed at the house. H-he beat me and raped me." I watched as Jake's face became very red. "But I killed him. It was the only way I would ever be able to escape him. I took a video of him confessing and gave it to the police so they would let you go because you were innocent." I explain.

"I'm so sorry Abby, I should of just told you the complete truth from the start." He held my hand in his and kissed it gently.

"Jake it's all okay now, I'm okay and you're out of prison. That's all that matters. I love you so much." I say.

"I love you with everything in me. Can we just restart our lives?" He asks.

"Please." I nod.

"Good, we're moving from here. Where is somewhere you have always wanted to go?"

"I've always thought California was nice." I say.

"Then that's where we're going to go." He smiles.

"Really?" I ask.

"Yes baby. Let's forget the past and just worry about the future. Our future."

I smile widely and nod in agreement.

"But there is something I need to tell you." I say.

"What?" He asks.

"Well," I gulp. "I'm pregnant."

"What? Really?" He asks.

"Yes, just two and a half months." I say.

"Is it his?" I could see the fear in his eyes.

"I don't know, but it could still be yours." I say.

He nods slowly. I hope and pray that it is Jake's baby.

"Let's get some sleep." I say as I move over so that he can get in bed with me.

Jake lays down next to me and pulls me closer to him. I get comfortable in his embrace and quickly fall asleep.

I'm awoken the next morning by Jake.

"Come on baby, the hospital is releasing you early. We're leaving here now." He explains.

"What? Really?" I ask in disbelief. I was so ready to leave.

"Yes baby, I have our flight already set. It leaves in an hour."

"Won't we need anything?" I ask.

"Just money. We'll buy everything we need when we get to California." He says.

I nod.

"Come on." He smiles. "I went out and got you a loose dress to wear." He hands the black dress to me.

I go and change and then walk to the nurses desk with Jake to get checked out of the hospital.

He takes his hand in mine and we walk out of the hospital together. Jake already had a car and driver waiting for us.

He opened the door, letting me in first, then he gets into the car. We drive off to the airport.

I laid my head onto his shoulder and Jake placed his hand onto my thigh.

We soon arrived at the airport. We walked in together, hand in hand. We were told which plane to go to and before we knew it we were taking off and heading to California.

Goodbye, Minnesota.