Chapter thirteen

It's been a month and a half since I found out about my pregnancy. My stomach has a grown a little bit, but not much. I have had morning sickness a few times. I don't ever feel good anymore though. Jake is doing everything he can to help. He offers to do everything for me, I let him do a few things, but if I don't do things myself I feel helpless and I hate that. He tries to clean all the house on his own, but I still help. He won't let me cook either, but when he's out I do. He can't stop me then. Victoria hasn't come back any, I'm hoping she got help. She was very nice and doesn't deserve that kind of life. I'm really glad Jake isn't like that though. He did drink, but he's stopped now, for me. And that means so much to me.

The morning was going by slow and I still wasn't feeling the best, but I managed to get up and do more today. I still haven't been eating much, but I'm trying to eat as much as possible for the baby. I cleaned the kitchen up. Jake was in the garage, because I made him. I brought him a bottle of water and gave him a quick kiss.

"Hey baby girl, how you feeling?"
"A little better."
"Do you need to lay down?" He asks jumping up.
"No, I'm okay."
"Are you sure?"
"Yes." I say.

He nods and kisses my forehead. He walks back into the kitchen with me. He treats me like I'm already halfway through my pregnancy. But it's a good thing.

"Do you feel like doing anything today?" He asks.
"Maybe something small." I say.
"What about we just go on a car ride?"
"I'm okay with that." I smile.
"Okay. Come on we'll change into some warmer clothes, I don't want you getting sick."

He grabs my hand and we go upstairs. I was shocked he didn't carry me, he had been. He gets clothes out for me. He picked out a pair of blue jeans, a long sleeve shirt, a furry jacket, and boots.

"Thank you." I say.
"Do you need help?"
"No baby I'm okay." I say.

He nods and changes into jeans, a shirt, a leather jacket, and tennis shoes. I brushed my hair and put it into a ponytail. I brushed my teeth. Jake did the same, then we went downstairs. Jake got his wallet and his keys. We went into the garage and we picked the mustang to drive. He knows it's my favorite now, so it's always what he picks. He opens my door and lets me in, then he gets in himself. We drive out of the driveway. We drove the same way as always. I tuned the radio on and started to sing.

"I love when you sing." Jake smiles.
"My singing sucks, but I don't care." I laugh.
"Your singing is fine." He kisses my cheek. I blush a little.

He gently rubs his hand up and down my thigh. I put my hand on top of his.

"I love you." I say.
"I love you, baby."

I kiss his cheek this time. We get to town after a while. He pulls into a restaurant called Tommy's.

"Why are we here?" I ask.
"I made us reservations."
"Oh." I smile.
"Come on."

He opens my door and helps me out. He wraps his arm around my waist and we walk inside.

"Reservations for Carter." He says.
"Follow me." The waitress says.

We do so and she sits us at a table for two. Jake pulls my seat out for me and I sit down.

"Do you know what you want to drink?" She asks.
"We'll both take water with lemon, please." Jake says.

She nods and goes to get our drinks. I didn't like how she was looking at Jake.

"She likes to stare." I say.
"Are you jealous?" He asks.
"No..."
"It's okay baby, you have no reason to be." He smiles.

I smile back and look at the menu. She brings us our drinks.
"Are you ready to order?" She asks.
"No." I say, before Jake could.

She nods and leaves. Jake laughs at how I was acting. I was jealous, but I'm not going to admit to it.

"What are you going to order babe?" He asks.
"I want lasagna, I haven't had it in forever." I say.
"I'll get it too."

The waitress comes back and takes our orders. She smiles at Jake too much. It made me mad. She wouldn't look at me just him. I asked for bread as a side and she still just watched him.

"Excuse me, I'm over here." I say.
"Oh sorry, what was that?" She asks.
"Can I get some bread? And you can stop looking at my boyfriend."
"Sorry."

She took our menus and walks away.

"Wow baby." He laughs.
"It's my hormones." I say.
"Aww my baby is jealous."
"No I'm not." I say.
"It's okay baby, I would be the same way if it was a guy looking at you." He says.
"I know." I smile.

Our food came quickly. It was delicious. I was actually really hungry. I ate almost all of it and I decided to take the rest home. Jake took his home too. We paid our bill and went to get into the car.

"Would you want to drive?" He asks.
"I don't have a license."
"So. Come on it's your favorite car and you're getting a chance to drive it. Take it." He hands me the key.

I get in and start the car. I back out slowly and turn out of the restaurant. I know how to drive, I just haven't in a while. Jake turns the radio and he sings this time. I laugh at his terrible singing.

"What?" He laughs.
"You cant sing." I joke.
"Thanks baby." He laughs.

He kisses my cheek. I was getting more comfortable with the car so I started to speed up.

"Whoa now." He says holding his seat.
"You're fine." I smile.

I go faster. The road was straight and no one else was on it right now so it was fine.

"Alright that's enough slow down baby." He says.
"Fine." I laugh.

I drive slower for him. It didn't take too long until we were home. Jake helped me out and he carried me into the house. We went upstairs to our bedroom. We changed and brushed our teeth and hair before bed. Jake carried me to bed. He turned the light lights off and covered us both up. We cuddled up together and fell asleep.

I woke back up around one in the morning to a terrible pain in my stomach. I got up and ran to the bathroom. The pain was getting worse and worse. I looked for some kind of medicine but I couldn't find something that I thought might help. I tried using the bathroom, but that wasn't what was wrong. I wanted to scream, but I didn't want to wake Jake up. The pain stopped for a second and I got up to try to get back in bed. I stood up and I was so weak now that I fell and the pain started again. I began to cry. That's when I felt it. Something warm going down my legs. I look down and realize what's happening.

I just lost my baby.